Chapter 10: Step #5; ...And P Is For Piercings

I have literally been using my sweaters this whole week, just to hide the big reveal in which was imprinted on my arms.

I've been wanting to hang out with Mer all week, but with Jim, Aladdin, and Peter around, they might find something suspicious about it, given the fact that she hasn't hung out with them on the weekends that long.

Hanging out is much easier said then done...

I watched as she laid in the bed, in the home right next to mine.

The girl next door...

She strums her acoustic guitar softly, completely oblivious to the rest of the world.
I smiled softly, looking over at my small white board, which lied on my desk next to an Expo marker.

Oh yeah...I'm going 'You Belong With Me' style!

I wrote as big and neatly as I could on the board with the marker, then knocked loudly on the window.

She turned her head and stopped playing to see my message: "You Ok?"
She just smiled, putting a finger up, signalling me to wait, until she came back with a similar board, and wrote back: "Bored."
I chuckled, and suddenly an idea struck me: "You wanna watch a movie at my place? Got a few horror films."
She smiled brightly: "Sure."
I waved her over, and she quickly went down stairs.

Oh shit! Better pick up the pace!

I ran down to the living room, putting some pants quickly over my boxers and buckling my belt, rushing to get all the Dvds out and start cooking the popcorn, closing the Windows and shutting the blinds to let dark consume the room.

I looked in the mirror, fixing my hair and slipping on a hoody, saving my green one for her.
She knocks on the door and I run over to answer it.

"Hi!" I say, almost out of breath.
"Hey, you ok?" She chuckled.
"Yeah." I smiled, a bit embarrassed.
She walked inside.
"You can choose a movie." I say, taking the popcorn out the microwave.

"You have Poltergeist? I've never watched that before!" She smiled, examining it.
"What?! Nuh-uh, we're watching this movie if you haven't seen it, that's insane!" I exclaimed.
She laughs, taking out the DVD and slipping it in the DVD Player.

Mer takes my green hoody and put it on, curling up into her little ball as she puts her hair in a bun.

I never mind, I honestly think it's adorable, and she thinks it's super comfy.

The movie began and I jumped on the couch from behind to sit, putting the bowl of popcorn on my lap.

Usually, we would jump at random jump-scares, even at the last couple of scenes, I dropped the popcorn bowl!
She would grip onto me whenever something scared her, and I even got permission to put my arm around her shoulders.

My phone buzzed, but I ignored it as the movie ended. We we're panting in relief, scared to death, but loved the thrill of it.

We laughed it off and teased each other for being scared.
"Your the one who dropped the popcorn!" She exclaimed while laughing.
"Ok fine, you win this time!" I admitted with a laugh.
"I admit, I was scared, I think you could tell with all my jumping, sorry about that." She chuckled, putting a strand of hair behind her ear.

I realized my arm was still around her, but she never seemed to mind, she didn't even make it feel awkward...
This felt right.

"Let's watch another one!" We say at the same time.
"Ok."
"Oops..uh..sorry."
We laughed.

"Alright, your time to pick, Hic." She smiled.
"Hmm..Insidious 3?" I asked.
She nodded in approval as slipped it in, picking the bowl of popcorn off the floor.