Chapter 15: I'm Sorry!

Kris dragged me out the bus the next day, "If there's anything I've learned from Anna, is that in order to get a girl to forgive you, you have to do something a little out of your comfort zone."

"Maybe that's just you and Anna..." I say.
"Maybe, BUT, I'm teaching you from my experience, remember?"
"Yeah, but what do you mean, 'a little out of you comfort zone'."
"I mean your gonna have to embarrass yourself."
"What?! I've already embarrassed myself in front of her a million other times! Why should I do it again?!"
"For her forgiveness." He says sternly, pulling out something from his book bag, he hands it to me and I read the label.

"A dragon costume?!"
"Go on, Dragon Boy."
I groan, putting on the costume.
He handed me a poster board, with the words "I'm sorry!" Written in bold.

"Your really making me do this?"
"Yup." He says.
"Great."
"Oh, and your asking her if she wants to hang out."
"What?! What about-"
"Your wearing a dragon costume for God's sake."
"You expect me to go out like this?!"
"Yup, now go to her back door and make the cutest puppy face you have." He says, shoving me out the back door.

I sighed.

This is it.

I rushed over to her door and banged loudly.
A minute later, she opens the door, seeing me hold the poster up and my puppy face.
She laughs, "What are you doing?"
"I'm sorry." I say with small smile and a shrug.
"You look adorable in that costume!" She exclaims.

"I do?" I questioned, looking down at my feet.
"I do." I corrected myself confidently.

"So um....you wanna hang out...I mean, if you forgive me."
"Of course I do, your going like that?"
"As my punishment, yes."
"Ok, hold on." She giggles, running back inside.
"Ok...?"

A few minutes later she comes back out, BUT IN A BEAR COSTUME!

"I guess I'll share the burden too." She smiled, cheering me up.
"You look adorable." I spat out without thought, then blush rose to my cheeks.
She giggles, but I sweep her off her feet, onto my shoulders.

"I guess I really am a Dragon Boy, huh?" I smirked, walking out on the sidewalk.
"Yup."
"And your Mer-Bear?"
"Is that my new name?"
"Yup." I laughed.

The thing I love most about her is that she never makes me feel like an outcast, like Astrid did.

We got an awful lot of strange and laughing faces, we even took some random selfies with strangers!

"So, where do you wanna go?" She asked me.
"Well, I highly doubt people dressed in Halloween animal costumes will be allowed inside a restaurant." I chuckled.
"But you know what we can get...?"
"What?"
"Ice cream."
"Yes! Let's go!" I exclaimed like a child, gripping onto her thighs and legs, running to the nearest ice cream stand.
"One Vanilla and one chocolate please." I say as I pull out two bucks.
"Uh...Yeah..." The Ice Cream man mumbled in confusion of our appearances, handing us our cones.

"Thanks." We both laughed, taking our ice cream
I hand her my cone as I put her down onto a bench.
"Thanks Lad." She responds, handing me my ice cream cone as she happily licks hers.
"No problem." I smiled, sitting down next to her.

"So, how's the band?" I asked.
"Great..." She says sarcastically, "...I don't think we've ever been so tired in our lives."
"You really 'oughta tell Aladdin to lay low." I respond.
"Yeah right, he'd blow his whole game off."
"Still, it's not like he's performing for something big like the spring ball."
"I know." She sighed.
"Speaking of the spring ball, are you going?" I asked.
"Probably not." She shrugs.
"Why not?"
"Dancing isn't really my thing...plus, I don't have anyone to go with, everyone else has dates."
I frowned, "What about Jim?"
"He's going with Ariel."

"I could get Eret or Snoutlout to ask you." I joked.
"Eww! No!" She laughed, punching my arm lightly.
"Ok, ok!" I laughed, "...I thought you'd like Eret."

She shook her head, "He looks kind of cocky."
"Meh, you could say that." I say.

So, then they're eliminated from the list!

"Believe me or not, rumor has it a bunch of jocks are crushing on you." I say, testing out a list of others.
She cutely blushed, but it quickly disappears.
"Jocks? Your kidding me, right?" She says with a chuckle.
"Why? You were blushing, I saw it!" I smirked, cocking my head to the side.
"Shush up." She smirked as I laughed. "..I blushed because it feels weird knowing someone likes you, don't you feel that way?"
"Well, true, yeah." I admitted.

She had a point, and honestly her remark made me calmer, knowing she wasn't crushing on any of them.

"Plus, I wouldn't want to go with a douche bag, they're all dicks." She states without hesitation.
I burst out in laughter, "Your right."

"What about you?"
"What?"
"Who are you asking?"

"Uh..." I tired to find the words...I didn't want to seem like I was going alone, but I didn't want it too seem like I'm not available, "...this girl, um, she's just amazing...she's like the best person ever!"
She smiled, "Sounds like you really love her."
"I do...I just don't know if she'd ever feel the same." I shrugged.
"Well, if she rejects you, she's an idiot." She smirked.
I chuckled, "Thanks Mer."

Suddenly, her phone begins to buzz. She sighs, picking it up as I frown.

Why does it always have to be when she's with me?!

For a moment, she just looked at it.
"What's wrong? Aren't you gonna answer them?" I asked.
A slight smile grew onto her face as she pressed ignore.
"Nah, I'd rather hang with you."
I smiled brightly.

Maybe this won't be so bad after all...

"So, what you wanna do?"
"Hmm...how about we go to the arcade?" She suggested.
"Ok!" I smiled wider, taking her paw with my claws as We started dashing towards the arcade.

I have to admit, I have to give Kris some credit for tonight, it was amazing just to have this type of fun with her again.

After the arcade, We snuck into my house through the back door and laid on the couch, watching yet another movie like We used to do.

-------

"So, how'd the hang out go?" Kris asks me, slurping up his spaghetti the lunch ladies have given him.
"It was awesome!" I say, still munching my apple, "...I never thought we could hang out like that ever again."
"Details?" Flynn asked, picking at his peas.
"Well, you guys already know about the costume I wore." I sighed as they snickered, "...but looks like I wasn't alone on it."
"What do you mean?" Jack asks.

I took out my phone and showed them a photo of me and her, both in our costumes.

"Whaaat?" Jack laughed.
"It was adorable, you should of seen her." I smiled, putting my phone away.
"So what did you do anyway?" Kris chuckled.
"We went to get ice cream, then the arcade, and then we snuck into my house for a movie."
"Sounds like a date." Jack implied.
"Hang out." I stated.
"Yeah, yeah."

"Sounds like you've got it all in the bag." Flynn shrugs.
"Are you kidding me? He hasn't even asked her out yet, he's too scared." Jack exclaimed.
"Thanks for the encouragement." I say sarcastically with a groan.

"Well, the spring ball is only in a few days, you might wanna hurry it up." Flynn says.
"How?!" I exclaimed In frustration.

"Well, it's gonna take a while but, you should be able to catch her before the ball begins," Kris explains, "...first things first, you need to start hanging out more often."
"I'll try." I say with a nod, remembering the lake, looking over, across the cafeteria to see her seated by the windows, laughing with Peter and Aladdin.

Let's just hope they haven't made plans before me
______________________________________________________________

Hey guys!
Thanks so much for reading, I really appreciate you guys, and I hoped you enjoyed it!
Read, Comment, Vote,
PEACE
:3