Chapter 11: Your My Juliet, I'm Your Secret Romeo

I'm rummaging through Spotify, trying to find a good song for us to play, but it's so hard!
There are so many I want...but none who seem to be enough.

Soon enough, I was already starting to give up, pressing the shuffle button.
I sighed, laying down face first on my bed.

What am I gonna do?!

The songs transitioned and there was a pause of silence, then a bass begins to play.

"Do you feel her touch?
It's almost impossible to hold, still...
Maybe We could go back to, the way it was,
Well, at least let me love you the same."

Hmm....

I checked the title name and began listening to the rest of the song.

Not bad at all!

I quickly grabbed my phone and dialed Jacks number.

"Hello?"
"Jack, I found a song!"
"Cool! Send it to me in text, I'm kind of on a date right now."
"What? With who?"
"Punzel, duh. I've been wanting to date her for a super long time, and I finally got the opportunity! I was just scared to ask because I thought Flynn wouldn't be cool with it and smash my face in or something like that."
"What's the catch?"
"He gets to date Elsa."
"When's he asking?"
"Tomorrow, hopefully. I can tell Elsa's just waiting on him to make the first move."
"True, true. I'll send it to you, better get back to blondy."
"Got it, see you later."

I hung up, chuckling.

Finally.

I sent all of it to Jack.
There was a knock on my door.

Hmm, maybe it's Fishlegs coming to get his books back.

I got out of bed, slowly walking out the door and down the stairs. "Coming!"
I opened the door to see Kristoph, holding a bass in his hand.
"What? Kris...why are you...What is that...?"
"I know how to play basics, you want my help or not?"
"Uh..sure..why, exactly are you offering me help?"
"You CANNOT, I repeat YOU CANNOT screw this up. Flynn can play guitar, Jack can play drums, put your what keeps it all together, your the bass." He explained, putting way more stress on me than I needed.

"Alright, let's do this!"
We walked inside and I shut the blinds, making sure Mer, or any other punk for that matter, wouldn't see what I was doing. I wanted it to be a surprise, and not to be caught.

Kris hands me the bass, and I started strumming it, hearing every note of its low chords.

Maybe practice won't be so hard after all!

-----

Flynn invited him over at his place the next Saturday, the smell of Pepperoni flooded the living room from the freshly baked pizza on the living room coffee table.
I smiled as I smelled the delicious aroma and We were lead over to the couch to eat.

"So, how are you sure that Mer's gonna be there?" Jack asked, swallowing the ball of goopy cheese in his mouth
"She told me over text last week, she's been working her ass off with no rest because Aladdin wants to get this perfect. I bet she's super tired..." I sighed, taking another bite.

"He's got some nerve..." Jack rolled his eyes. "...What she say about the piercings?"
"Uh...about that...I've kind of been ignoring her.."
"WHAT?! Man, you really need Kristoph's help with your lady issues."
"It's just, I want it to be a surprise!"
"Well, at least cover your mouth or something, Christ! You better tell that girl your sorry."
"Yeah, ok dad." I sighed.