Chapter 16: Love Me For Who I Am

I can't sleep...
I want to, but I'm not tired.

I swish my brush around, not even thinking of the colors I choose out of my pallet of a variation of them. I look down at the tip of my brush to see a fiery red color dripping from it.

Merida...
That's exactly what I'll do.

I start sketching out every detail I could possibly imagine, painting in her fiery red hair and sapphire eyes, her sweet smile. But then again, this painting could never compare to her.

I smiled at my final result, wiping off my painted fingers on a napkin.

I think about how these past days have been, wanting to smile, but frown at the same time.

It's been great seeing her again, hanging out, hell, I even go to all of her competitions for archery.

I just wish I could tell her how I feel...
But I'm to much of a coward...

I hear a loud thud outside. I quirk an eyebrow and walk over to the Windows, moving the acoustic guitar she had left from the last time she came, moving away the blinds. There she stood on the roof top of her home, looking up at the night sky.

 There she stood on the roof top of her home, looking up at the night sky

I don't dare to catch her attention as I look at her moon lit face.

She starts to pace around, as though she's in thought, then finally looks down at the ground.

What is she-

She jumps.

Oh God!

Out of reaction, I raced out of my room, jumping down the stairs and stumbling out the door.
I panted heavily, as my eyes widen to see that she's perfectly fine!
I sigh in relief, almost fainting.

She giggles to herself, walking forward a bit as she looks up once more, her eyes widened a bit.
She checks the time on her wrist watch, and immediately starts racing down the street.

"Merida! Wait!" I called out as she ran farther away.
I swear she's a mystery sometimes...a mystery I want to solve.

I raced after her, down the street into town, but she kept running, so did I.

She finally stopped at a blighted area, a tall brick building where the door was smashed open and the Windows were glass-free.

Why would she come here?

"Merida." I whispered quietly.
Too quiet.
She ignored me and ran inside the building, I, right behind her.

We raced up the cracking stairs, all the way up to the very top of the building, onto the roof.

I almost gasped at the sight of our surroundings.
She laughs and claps in joy, "Isn't it beautiful?"
"Yeah..." I whispered in shock.
The night sky looked like it merged together with the galaxy in soft colors.