3 | Quality Time

DOCTOR BIEBER | three.

J.

"I'm glad you guys could make it," Val smiled as she led us into the loft. "Make yourself at home. The food is almost here," She said as she walked behind the kitchen counter.

"Almost here?" Ryan chuckled.

"Babe, you know I can't cook for shit," She laughed.

"You're totally right," He laughed walking behind her. Once he reached her, he wrapped his arms around her waist then kissed her cheek.

I put my hands in my pocket and walked to the bookshelf where there were many pictures and a large TV in the center. I scanned my eyes across them until one caught my eye. It was of Val and Sienna when they were younger. They both had bright smiles on their faces. Sienna had braces, she looked cute

"That was the summer of seventh grade," I heard someone say. I jumped in surprise then turned around seeing Sienna.

"Sorry," She giggled, "I didn't mean to scare you."

"No, it's fine," I chuckled. "If that was seventh grade, then that was," I paused.

"Ten years ago," She smiled.

"Wow. You guys have been friends for long time. So you're twenty-two?" I asked.

"Yeah," She smiled. "You?"

"Twenty-six," I told her. "Saying it out loud makes me feel old," I joked.

"You're not old, you're just four years older," She giggled and stood next to me as we looked at the picture.

"What's going on in that picture?" I pointed to a picture of Sienna laughing with tears rolling down her face causing Sienna to start laughing.

"I wish I could tell you, but I honestly don't know. I just remember hanging out with friends and I just started laughing out of nowhere at absolutely nothing," She shrugged her shoulders.

"That's cute," I let out a small laugh.

"Not cute, that's weird," She laughed as the doorbell rang.

"Food's here," Val announced as she walked to the door. "I hope you guys like Chinese," She said. After she paid for the food, she set it all on the kitchen counter. "Dig in," She smiled.

After we all got our food, Ryan and Val immediately went on the couch and were in their old world. Sienna and I decided to just eat in the dining area. She sat Indian style as she ate slowly.

"So, Justin, what do you do for a living?" She asked me.

"You know," I shrugged my shoulders. "Stuff."

She looked up at me and raised an eyebrow. "What kind of stuff?" She asked.

"I don't really have a job right now," I lied. "I've been moving around the country and I've just settled back here in California," I lied again. I felt bad for lying, but I had to be safe. She nodded her head in understanding.

"What do you do?" I asked her.

"I work in business," She shrugged her shoulders with a bored look on her face.