9 | No Interruptions

DOCTOR BIEBER | nine.

J.

"Because of you, I didn't get to ask Sienna to be officially mine," I muttered in annoyance as I looked at Ryan who had a smile on his face.

"Sorry," Ryan chuckled. "There's always a next time, buddy," he patted my back as we walked around the office.

"With my luck, someone like you will ruin it," I rolled my eyes. I looked down at my folder and read one of the documents Sandra had given me earlier.

"Oh come on, it was an accident. I was just really excited about Val being pregnant. Damn, I'm still not used to it," Ryan said as he leaned over the counter next to me. "Would you be the baby's god father?" he asked me which caught me by surprise.

"Really?" I asked him.

"Of course. I've known you practically my whole life. I can't really say if that's a good thing or not."

"Obviously a good thing," I told him.

"That's debatable..." he scratched his head looked away making me laugh.

"Wow, is that how you're going to treat your child's godfather?"

"I knew you'd say yes," Ryan patted my back. He checked his watch, "My next patient comes soon. I'll be in my office if you need me," he informed me. I nodded my head then turned my concentration back to the document.

Even though I tried to concentrate on reading the document, I couldn't help but wonder what Sienna was doing.

She always seemed to be on my mind, to the point where it was beginning to get frustrating. I can't even concentrate on my work.

I couldn't stop thinking about her smile.

Her laugh.

Her body.

Just her in general.

I was beginning to feel myself becoming attached which made me slightly nervous.

"Doctor Bieber, did you hear what I said?" Sandra questioned. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at her. I apologized and asked her to repeat what she had just said. "I said that you're next appointment is ready, they're in room five," she repeated softly.

"Thank you, Sandra," I told her. As I was about to walk out to get my next patient my phone buzzed.

From; Sienna (sent 2:47 p.m)
Come by my place after work xx

I smiled and immediately texted back.

To; Sienna (sent 2:48 p.m)
Will do. I finish work today early at around six. Is there something going on at your place?

From; Sienna (sent 2:49 p.m)
Nope. I just miss you and want to see you.

To; Sienna (sent 2:49 p.m)
I miss you too. I'll see you soon babygirl.