26 | Our Original Place

DOCTOR BIEBER | twenty-six

J.

The wind blew through trees as I stood in the middle of the park with my camera in my hands. It had been a fairly long time since I've touched my camera -- too long. I looked through the camera lens and directed my camera towards the leaves.

Sienna has only been gone for five days now and we've barely spoken. The time difference and our busy schedules have caused us to grow apart. I know that in time when she comes back, it'll be like she never left.

I moved my head down then scanned the park with my camera in front of my face. I took several pictures of the scenery until I found myself looking towards a bench where the light shone.

The light helped fully revealed who was sitting there. She turned towards me and I found myself lost at words. I slowly put the camera down and let it hang from my neck. My feet seemed to have a mind of their own. I found myself walking towards her in slight awe.

"Justin?" she questioned in shock, "I feel like I haven't seen you in forever," she stepped closer to me and engulfed me in a warm embrace.

"Natalia. You look great," I said leaning back slightly to see her face. The color had gone back to her skin and she looked beautiful. "How are you? Are you doing better?"

"I'm good," she smiled, "The cancer stopped growing. I'm not in remission, but I'm better. I feel better. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't feel this way," she looked up at me with her beautiful hazel eyes. I've missed those eyes.

"I'm happy to hear that. I'm sorry I didn't visit you too much after you were admitted. A few things were going on. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I had Nick and Jonathan."

"Had?"

"Oh, uh Nick and I are separated for the time being. The cancer and everything was just weighing on our shoulders."

"I'm sorry to heart that," I spoke sincerely as I gestured to the bench.

"No, no, it's fine. It was mutual. He has Jonathan on weekends and I have him on weekdays. We're cordial. How are you and Sienna?" she asked turning to me.

"We're--" I paused not knowing what word to describe our current status.

"I'm sorry. Was that too forward of a question? You don't have to answer if you don't want to," she spoke quickly.

"No, no. We're just in a bit of a funk. We both have crazy work schedules with me back to working at the hospital to her being creative director in a magazine. It's hard."

"Where is Sienna? You guys are usually joined by the hip," she joked.

"New York. Being one of the heads of a magazine causes you to do a bit of traveling especially during fashion week."

"She's up there in fashion week?" she replied in shock. "I'm so jealous. She must be enjoying herself."

"Yeah," I chuckled softly looking down at my camera.

"You still have the camera," she spoke in adoration as she looked down at the camera.

"Of course. Even though what happened hurt, it didn't hide the fact that I captured many beautiful things on it," I said. I began to press a few buttons to access the gallery. I clicked the first photo that instantly made me smile.