CHAPTER SEVEN

~     P  L  A  Y  I  N  G     D  A  R  T  S     ~

⤝  ⤝  ⤝  ⤝  ⤝  ⤝  ⤝     R  O  S  E    ⤞  ⤞  ⤞  ⤞  ⤞  ⤞  ⤞

I walked out of Sean's room after a shower, tying my blow-dried hair up into a messy knot as I did so.

 As soon as I opened the door, loud music overwhelmed me. Sean's bedroom suite was sound-proof and I hadn't heard it until I'd opened the door.

 I instantly recognized David Guetta, who I was swiftly discovering was Sean's favorite artist to listen to when he was feeling moody or sulky. He didn't care who was featured.

 Wondering what kind of mood he was in and what he was doing, I climbed down the staircase and went into the living room and was promptly unable to stop myself from gasping at the sight in front of me.

 Beer bottles were littered across the floor and furniture and a nasty, unpleasant smell hung in the air. Marijuana to be specific. I recognized the smell from all the clubs and party's I'd went to. There were used joints scattered on the floor and furniture. Sean really didn't pay much attention to that antique ashtray he had.

 "What are you doing!?" I exclaimed with horror as I saw him.

 He was standing in the spacious living room, holding a dart and wearing nothing but faded, ripped jeans. In front of him, a girl wearing nothing but black underwear leaned against the wall, her dark head pressed against a dartboard, a drunk and high look in her large dark eyes.

 "What do you think?" Sean asked, without turning to me as he threw the dart.

 I followed it with wide, anxious eyes as it flew across the room and hit the dartboard mere inches from the girl's ear.

 She gasped as she turned and looked at it before starting to clap, eyes wide and hyper.

 "We're playing darts," Sean answered his own question.

 Unable to comment, I watched as he took another dart and threw it. It landed right where he had aimed it, not on the dartboard but hitting the wall, between the girl's long, bare legs before it clattered to the floor.

 She jumped in surprise and burst out laughing at that while I looked on, stunned.

 This can't be actually happening, right? It was too Hollywood and fratboy-like to be actually happening!

 "Rose, this is Natalie. Natalie, Rose," Sean carelessly introduced us as he bent to take another dart from the pile on the coffee table.

 Natalie smiled at me brightly and gave me a little wave. She didn't glare at me, there was no hint of jealousy or anger in her eyes just a bright twinkle from the combination of drugs and what they apparently considered to be fun.

 I was even more stunned. Usually, I had a silent but blazing row with the girls Sean brought home. A glaring contest at the very least.

 But this girl...

 "She's hot!" Natalie suddenly remarked to Sean and not in a sarcastic way like that girl he had brought home last Friday did, either.

 No, she'd genuinely said that I was hot and the way her eyes roamed over me, my body and my face in appreciation ensured it!

 Okay, now I was sure that this wasn't real. I mean, a girl as pretty as Natalie complimenting me is weird enough but add into that the fact that she was Sean's hookup... Well, either hell froze over while I was in the shower or I'd gotten high off the smell of marijuana.