CHAPTER ELEVEN

~     R  A  V  I  '  S     I  N  D  I  A  N     F  O  O  D     ~

  ⤝  ⤝  ⤝  ⤝  ⤝  ⤝  ⤝     R  O  S  E     ⤞  ⤞  ⤞  ⤞  ⤞  ⤞  ⤞  

The rest of the drive was mostly silent, with a burst of chatter occasionally initiated by Jenna.

 It wasn't a long drive and after fifteen minutes we pulled up in front of a quaint, cozy looking restaurant.

 We went inside, making sure to keep our heads low so that the few customers inside didn't recognize us.

 Well, recognize Sean, Nate, and Jenna, I mean. I had no worries about being recognized since I wasn't a celebrity.

 We settled down in a booth in the very back of the restaurant, which was thankfully available.

 "Nice place," Jenna said as she slid down into the leather booth, facing opposite me.

 Nate was seated next to her. I'd wanted to take his seat but he'd beaten me to it and I'd been forced to sit on the other side with Sean next to me.

 Hearing Jenna's comment Nate turned to her and raised his eyebrow.

 "I didn't really think you were a wine-and-dine girl, Cameron," he said, mistaking Jenna's words as ones of sarcasm.

 Jenna quickly set the record straight. "I didn't mean that sarcastically! I really meant it. I love a fancy dinner, yes, but only once in a while. Usually, I prefer setting like this. Cosy, small places with not too many people to recognize me."

 Nate's face softened. "It does have a very homely ambiance, doesn't it?"

 Jenna nodded.

 The two gazed at each other for a while, their faces softened and eyes alight as they gazed into each other's orbs.

 It was sweet but also a little awkward for Sean and me.

 Thankfully, he interrupted the awkward moment.

 "So," he cleared his throat to draw attention to himself. "Is the food good here?"

 "Remember that Chicken Tikka Masala and Naan I brought you last Friday?" Nate simply asked.

 "Yeah?"

 "You're sitting at the place I bought it from."

 "Really?" Sean's face lit up like a tree on Christmas. "Damn!" he exclaimed, a glimmer of greed sparkling in his eyes. "Where's the waiter, huh?" he asked, twisting around to see.

 "Wow. That must've been one hell of a Masala!" Jenna commented with amusement, taking the words right out of my mouth.

 Nate laughed and even I found my lips twisting up into a smile as I watched Sean wave frantically to catch the attention of a waitress a couple feet away.

 He succeeded in doing so and the waitress started to come over.

 As she slowly made her way towards us, Sean quickly turned to face me, crouching a bit low so that his face would be hidden from the waitress, who would only see the back of his head.

 I gave him an inquisitive look and turned to face Jenna and Nate, whom, I were surprised to see, had done the same thing.

 Nate had pulled the hood of his hoodie over his head and Jenna had pulled down her Knicks cap low.

 "Order for us," Nate commanded, softly.

 "What?" I was surprised by his sudden command.

 "She'll recognize us if we do it."