CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

~   M I S S I N G   H E R   ~

⤝ ⤝ ⤝ ⤝ ⤝ ⤝ ⤝   S E A N ⤞ ⤞ ⤞ ⤞ ⤞ ⤞ ⤞

"You've gotta be fucking kidding me!" I exclaimed as I opened the door and saw the room I was supposed to be staying in this week. "I can't sleep here!" I looked at the room with disgust.

 It had a stained carpet, equally stained and ripped wallpaper, two beds that had stained sheets and a bathroom that had cockroaches in the bathtub.

 "Well, we can't go to another hotel tonight," Jake said and took a deep breath and looked like he regretted it when he inhaled the musty smell. "We'll have to sleep here tonight."

 I groaned but I knew he was right. It was midnight and all the nice hotels were miles away and Jake and I were both too exhausted to drive.

 You know, when we arrived in Vegas, I thought that we'd be staying somewhere nice but no! Jake said we should keep a low profile and that meant staying in one of those cheap motels.

 I still didn't want to stay here but I was exhausted and so I collapsed onto the bed.

 I leaped up not long after, though, shrieking like a girl when a roach crawled up my arm.

 "Know what?" I asked as I finally got it off. "I don't care if I have to walk to the nearest luxury hotel! I'm not staying here!"

 "It's just a roach," Jake said but I saw him shudder as he looked at the bed which was crawling with more insects. "Look, why don't one of us clean this room? We'll flip a coin," he added at the murderous glare I shot him.

 "Fine." I sighed and took out my wallet to take a coin.

 That was when I found something very useful; my lucky coin.

 "Heads!" I cried as I flipped it.

 It landed on my hand. Heads!

 "Yess!" I punched the air as Jake groaned.

 I stood in the room, not wanting to risk sitting on the armchair as Jake cleaned the first bed. He groaned and cringed as he did it and when he was done I made him lie down on it before I did, just to make sure there weren't any creepy-crawlies in it.

 After I'd made sure that there were no bugs, I sighed as I laid down on the bed wearing a shirt and jeans for once in my life to sleep. I was too afraid to sleep shirtless or in boxers. I mean, what if a bug crawled up my boxers? And what if a roach bites my nipple or worse, a poisonous spider bites my dick?

 I'd heard that you sometimes had to cut off the body part that poisonous spider bites, so the infection wouldn't spread.

 The thought of having to chop off the most important part of my body wasn't at all appealing! I mean, no dick meant no sex! And I don't think I can survive without sex! Especially now that I have Rose. She probably wouldn't touch me again if I had to chop off my dick!

 Shuddering at that thought, I clamped my legs together and tried to go to sleep. But as I laid on the bed, I realized that I was missing something.

 Or rather someone.

 Rose. I wondered how she was doing. Was she happy? Or was she lying in bed, staring up at the ceiling thinking about me as I was thinking about her?

 There was only one way to find out; I grabbed my phone and called Angie.

 "Hello?" I smiled as I heard Rose's voice answer Angie's cell in a cautious tone.

 "Hey, babe."