CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

~     T  A  T  T  O  O  S     A  N  D     O  T  H  E  R     A  R  T    ~

⤝  ⤝  ⤝  ⤝  ⤝  ⤝  ⤝     R  O  S  E     ⤞  ⤞  ⤞  ⤞  ⤞  ⤞  ⤞

 It was a Sunday morning and it was one of those rare days when Sean had the entire day free.

It a sunny day, so warm we'd cranked low the AC and pulled the thin white curtain across the floor-to-ceiling windows, leaving the thick black-out curtain unspread.

We were lying in bed, dressed in nothing but our underwear. I'd been reading a book on my iPhone but it was dead now. Sean had pulled me close to him as soon as I'd set it down and I'd gladly cuddled up next to him.

I had also taken up a new way to occupy my time by tracing his tattoos.

The ones on his front, I mean. I was going to ask him to show me his back when I was done admiring them.

And, I did admire them. They were beautifully detailed, especially the dragon tattoo that was etched into Sean's skin, traveling down from his pubic bone to just a couple inches above his mid-thigh.

I'd actually made him pull down his boxers to admire it.

"I think this one is my favorite," I declared as I traced my finger over the dragon tattoo

"Yeah?" Sean asked as he gazed down at me.

"Yeah," I confirmed, looking into his eyes, crinkled as he smiled down at me. "Well, my favorite from the ones I can see," I said, accusingly and a bit pleadingly.

Sean got the message, laughed and sat up, pulling up his boxer and turning his back to me so that I could see his back and the tattoos that covered it. They started at the nape of his neck and ended at the small of his back, just above the waistband of his Calvin Klein's.

I stared at them in awe, my fingers traveling over his skin, tracing the ink embedded into his skin, marveling at how something so dark could look so beautiful.

For a long time, I'd viewed tattoos as ugly. I'd looked at people who had them and had wondered why anyone would endure the pain of having a needle dragged through your skin just for some drawing that was always a bit wobbly.

I despised having a needle stuck into me even if it was a shot when I was sick!

It was after I'd come to the Mafia that I'd started to appreciate tattoos. I saw how beautiful they looked when they were in the right places and were done by an expert when I saw the tattoos on the men and women here.

Like, Sean's tattoos. They weren't the least bit wobbly and they were amazing drawings that were all in the right places, showing them off.

The star tattoo on Sean's chest, for example, showed off his pecs and how broad it was and the black and red dragon that was on the right side of his abdomen, starting just above the waistband of his boxer's on his pubic bone so you could see the head but nothing else of the intricate tattoo made you sinfully wish that he would pull down his jeans and expose the tattoo along with something else that was bound to catch your attention as well.

And, as it turned out, the tattoos on Sean's back were just as amazing as the others. I traced them in awe, admiring how the tattoos were arranged in an elaborate design.

There were flames on one side, flames that escaped from the mouth of the dragon tattoo on his front. The flames traveled over his waist and curved onto his back, traveling up over until it ended at the nape of his neck. The flames covered the right side of his back and the other part was decorated with other tattoos. An Italian phrase was there along with a few symbols.