CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

~     M O S T    P R E C I O U S     T H I N G   ~

⤝ ⤝ ⤝ ⤝ ⤝ ⤝ ⤝    R O S E    ⤞ ⤞ ⤞ ⤞ ⤞ ⤞ ⤞

I found myself woken up from a peaceful nap by sudden, loud noise.

 Opening my eyes, I sat up and saw Sean standing at the door, opened just enough for him to sneak a glance outside.

 All the ruckus seemed to be coming from outside and that confused me. I hadn't been here for long but even I'd realized that noisiness and this mansion, didn't go together. Ever!

 Something bad was obviously going on and that made me very worried!

 "What's going on out there?" I asked Sean.

 My worried voice made him turn around with a start.

 "You're awake," he said and hastily closed the door before walking towards me.

 I wondered why. He was acting really weird, staring at me with worry and even fear.

 "Sean?" I asked, concernedly. "What's wrong?"

 "I need to get you away from here," he said, cryptically.

 "What?" I asked, frowning.

 Get me out of here? I wondered, incredulously. But why? What had changed in the few hours I'd been asleep?

 "I'll explain later. Just get ready to go," Sean said and patted the end of the bed.

 When I glanced at his hand, I saw that it had thumped a pair of faded jeans, a black top and a denim jacket that was laid on the enormous bed.

 "What? Go where?" I demanded, kicking off the sheets. "What's happening?"

 Sean stared at me for a few seconds. His eyes were worried, fearful and even anxious.

 "Sean, please. Tell me what's going on," I pleaded. "Remember what we said earlier? Don't shut me out."

 My words seemed to get to him. Sean sighed and raked a hand through his hair before he opened his mouth to talk.

 He barely got out a word out before the door was opened and a butler walked into the room.

 "Mi scusi, signore," he apologized for his interruption as Sean and I both turned to him, startled by his sudden appearance.

 "Non c'è problema," Sean said, hastily standing up and walking towards the butler. "Cosa c'è?" he asked, softly.

 At his last words, the butler burst into a fit of rapid Italian. I listened carefully to his words and Sean's but it was no use; it was all in a language I couldn't understand.

 After a while, the butler left and Sean began to follow him out the door.

 "Hey, where are you going?" I asked, anxiously.

 "I have to go, I'll be back in a while. Be ready to go when I come back here, okay?" Sean asked as he stepped outside.

 "But —"

 But Sean had already left, closing the door behind him.

 I stared at the door Sean had closed behind him, wondering what was the reason for Sean's behavior, the frightened butler and the ruckus going on outside.

 Especially the last one.

 So, I climbed out of bed and headed for the door.

 When I opened it, I was stunned.