CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

~     R  O  O  F  T  O  P     P  I  C  N  I  C  S     ~

⤝  ⤝  ⤝  ⤝  ⤝  ⤝  ⤝     R  O  S  E     ⤞  ⤞  ⤞  ⤞  ⤞  ⤞  ⤞

The first thing I heard when I stepped out of the car after we got back to Dissenso was Angie crying out my name.

 Turning around, I had barely enough time to slam the car door close before she ran over and wrapped her arms around me in a tight embrace.

 "Hey!" I laughed as I wrapped my hands her and hugged her back, not as tightly as she was squeezing me.

 "I was so worried about you!" she exclaimed as she pulled away and gazed at me with concern in her eyes.

 I smiled, touched. "That's sweet."

 "'Course it's sweet," Sean remarked, approaching us. "She's Angie! She can't help it, it's in her nature," he smirked at Angie, teasing her.

 She rolled her eyes at Sean's tease as her husband wrapped a hand around her shoulders. "Hi, Sean," she greeted. drily, not bothering to retort to his taunt.

 Jake had just come over after giving a furious berating to Sean, who had, in turn, berated Alex for god-knows-what as well.

 "Oh, come on!" Sean smiled at Angie. "You know you missed me."

 She snorted. "You wish."

 "That's rude, Angela!" Sean pouted, sulkily.

 "Boo hoo!" she exclaimed, sarcastically.

 I just rolled my eyes at their childish behavior and turned my attention to Alex. He'd been quiet since he came over here. I could see that his uncharacteristic silence was due to pain from the way he walked slowly and the way his jaw was clenched.

 "Hey," I smiled at him and he looked up from his sneakers, startled.

 "Oh," Alex gave me a small smile. "Hey, Rose."

 I frowned, confused at his lack of enthusiasm. "Is everything okay?"

 "What?" Alex laughed but it sounded a little forced and strained. "Everything's fine. Sorry, I have a broken rib and it hurts a little to talk," he apologized for his rudeness.

 I smiled sympathetically at him. I was just about to tell him he should go inside and sit down when Angie spoke.

 "So, Jake told me you two stayed at Sean's lake house after the gala," she said, looking at me and Sean curiously.

 "Yeah," Sean answered casually and draped an arm around my shoulders, pulling me to him.

 "How was it?" Angie asked with interest. "What did you two do all day?"

 'How was it'? 'What did we do'?

 Well, last night I lost my virginity to Sean who made me breakfast the next morning before he told me he had feelings for me. Then, he showed me his baby pictures and his dad who looks freakishly like him and he hates.

 Oh and let's not forget about the part where I'd fantasized about taking a shower with him. So, 'how was it is?' is a very good question.

 Sean seemed to be thinking the same. I even saw him trying hard not to smirk.

 Just to remind him not to announce to everyone what we did last night, I ribbed him discreetly with an elbow.

 He winced, he was still sore from all the bruises. But it did the trick, he was no longer resisting a devilish smirk.