{jealously}

Era: 1964

John gritted his teeth as he stared at you from across the room, chatting to an old friend of yours who just so happened to be a boy.

"Y/N, its been a while. You look amazing."

You giggled and smiled. "Thank you, Alex. You look amazing yourself. How have you been?"

"Not so great. My mum died a few weeks ago." Alex frowned.

You gasped. "Oh no. Im so sorry to hear that. Pardon me for asking, but what happened?"

"Car crash."

"Oh Alex. Thats horrible. Im so sorry." You pulled him in for a hug, totally unaware that John was glaring at you two.

"Thanks Y/N. Its been a rough couple of weeks." He patted your back, not breaking the hug.

"I can imagine." You frowned.

"Hey I was wondering if youd may be like to go out with me sometime, you know like to catch up and-"

"Sorry mate, shes taken." John stormed over and wrapped an arm around you possesively. You frowned at him.

Alex frowned. "Oh, i didnt know you were seeing someone, Y/N. Im alex." Alex extended his hand out to john.

John narrowed his eyes at him. "I don't appreciate you hitting on my girl, Alan."

"Alex." Alex corrected John.

John rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

"John!" You glared at him. You didn't like the way he was acting. "You're being rude."

John snorted. "Me? I'm being rude? How about the guy who's flirting with my girlfriend?"

"I'm sorry, man." Alex apologized and then looked over at you. "I'll see you around, Y/N. It was nice meeting you Jake."

"John." John growled.

"Right, sorry." Alex walked away.

"Are you fucking him?"

You nearly choked at John's question. You couldn't believe he just asked you that. "Am I what? Are you insane?"

"Answer my bloody question! Are you fucking that twat?" John growled, clenching his fists.

You looked around and noticed that people were staring. "John, you're causing a scene. I'm not dealing with your pity jealousy bullshit tonight. Alex is just an old friend of mine. I haven't seen him in a few years before tonight."

"Don't lie to me!" John yelled, getting in your face. You could smell the alcohol on his breath.

"No John, I'm not fucking him. Let's go home, now. You're embarrassing me."

"Stop fucking lying, you little whore!" He roared before slapping you across the face in front of all these people.

You stared at him in shock. John has never hit you before.

"Since you can go and fuck someone behind my back, I can go do the same thing!" John walked over to a blonde woman and slapped her on the ass. She squealed.

You could feel the tears in your eyes. John was being a total douchebag and you couldn't believe he just did that right in front of you. You ran out of the room, just as tears started to fall down your face. Completely humiliated.

---

The next morning you ignored John as much as possible.

"Love, about last night-" He started, walking up behind you.

"You were a total asshole."

"I know and I want to say I'm sorry. I was drunk and when I saw you with that Alan guy-"

"His name is Alex.'

"Right. When I saw you with him, I got insecure. A girl like you usually go out with lads like him and I was afraid you'd come to your senses and leave me. I'm sorry love. I'm a jealous guy. I'm not good at expressing feelings properly. So if ye want to dump me, go ahead."

"Oh John." You whispered . "I'd never leave you. But I'm still incredibly angry at you. You grouped another woman right in front of me."

"I'm sorry." John hung his head down in shame. "I thought I was teaching you a lesson. I'm an arsehole."

"That you are. I forgive you, Johnny. Just never do that again, okay?"

"Okay love." He kissed you. "I love you so much. Now how about we go make up properly in the shower."

You snorted loudly.