{proud of you}

Era: 1966

John and you've been together for approximately 4 years now. Out of the 4 years, you've been married for 2.

It was the middle of the night and you and John were sleeping, his arms were firmly wrapped around your waist and his chin on your shoulder, when all of a sudden you were startled awake by a little movement in your belly.

You immediately sat up and reached over to turn the lamp on.

John woke up and also sat up. He looked at you concerned. "Luv, are you alright?" He asked while yawning.

You looked down at your stomach. You were 5 months pregnant with John and yours first baby. You felt the same movement that woke you up again.

"Love?" John asked again.

You placed your hands on your belly and then it hit you. You had just felt the baby move! You started laughing and John looked even more confused.

"What's so funny?"

"John." You looked at him with a giant grin on your face. "Feel my belly." You grabbed one of his hands, and placed it on the middle of your stomach where you had felt the movements.

John still looked confused. "Wh- WOAH WHAT WAS THAT?" He suddenly yelped when the baby moves again. You grinned even wider.

"John, you just felt your son or daughter."

John's brown eyes widened. "What?" He gasped and stared down at your belly. "No way."

"Yes way." You giggled. John didn't take his hand off your stomach and a minute later the baby moved again.

"Love, this is bloody amazing!" He said in awe.

"Yeah, it is." You whispered, choking out a laugh as tears threatened to fall. Ever since getting pregnant, you've been extra emotional.

John shifted down the bed until his face was leveled with your belly. "Hello in there." He cooed. "I'm your daddy." And gently rubbed your bump, hoping to feel the baby move again.

"Oh John." You really started crying now and threaded your fingers through his hair. John saw your tears and panicked. He hated seeing you cry.

"Love, what's wrong?" He gathered you in his arms.

"You're going to be a good daddy to our baby." You hiccupped, and John instantly relaxed

He laughed a little and kissed your forehead. "Really? That's why you're crying?"

"Shut up." You hit him playfully and wiped your tears away. You hated when he teased you. "It just seems more real now, you know? There's actually a little human being growing and living inside me."

"Yeah." John said in awe and placed his hand back in your belly. "I can't wait to meet the little lad."

You snorted. John thought the baby was going to be a boy while you thought it was going to be a girl. "Oh, you're so sure this baby is a boy. You know,your DAUGHTER is going to be real disappointed when she discovers her daddy kept calling her a boy."

John rolled his eyes but smiled. "Okay, okay. The baby is a girl. Whatever you say, dear. Lets go back to sleep."

You narrowed your eyes at him before nodding. You both laid back down. John wrapped his arms around your waist and spooned you from behind. You sighed in content and closed your eyes.

"I love you." John whispered in your ear.

"I love you too."

4 months later...

You gave birth to a healthy baby girl.

"Oh love, she's absolutely beautiful!" John cooed as he held your daughter for the first time.

"Yeah, she better be." You muttered tiredly from the hospital bed. It had took nearly an entire day to bring your little one into the world.

"Hi darling." John cooed to the baby. "I'm your daddy. It's so nice to finally meet you. Oh would you look at that, you have your mummys enormous nose!" He looked up and smirked over at you.

You raised your hand and gave him the bird.

"Not in front of the baby!" John gasped as he scolded you playfully. He slowly walked over and sat down in the chair besides your bed.

The baby let out a yawn and wrapped her tiny fist around Johns finger. You thought the baby looked more like John than you. Obviously she had inherited some of your features but she had inherited more of Johns. She had his eyes and mouth and the same shade of brown hair on her head.

"What should we name her, love?" John looked at you.

"Julia, after your mother. What do you think?" You asked him carefully. John had lost his mother when he was 17, 8 years ago. It was still a touchy subject for him.

"I... I love it." He smiled and you could see the tears in his eyes.

"Julia Lillian Lennon, it is then." You smiled, happy it didn't take long to come up with a name.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl." John kissed Julia's tiny forehead. "God, Im in love with her already. I'm so proud of you." He leaned down and planted a tender kiss on your lips. "The both of you."

---
Sorry for the lame title lmao. Thanks for reading. Next imagine will be smutty.