9

I sat by Joeys bed until 3 am when Kalel came and brought me back to my room. She slept on the couch bed. I had a terrible night sleep and kept having nightmares about Joey. At 8am I was woken by Kalel.

"You were screaming, and crying, are you ok?"

"No," I murmured, "I was having terrible nightmares about Joey."

"Sweetie I'm sorry," she pulled me into a hug.

*t*i*m*e*p*a*s*s*e*d*

It had been three days. THREE DAYS. I was still stuck in this hell hole. I would have terrible nightmares every night and the doctors would have to wake me up. They told me I screamed and I had panic attacks almost every day. Kalel spent the nights and Anthony visited during the day. Joey was still unconscious. It was that night and Kalel and I were talking when the doctor walked in.

"He's awake," I started to get out of bed. "Wait,"

"What's wrong?!"

"He is fine but he has amnesia."

"What?! H-how much does he remember?!"

"He forgets the last few months. We asked and the last thing he remembers is driving to his new house....to move in with Kalel," he motioned towards her, "And Anthony and Kalels friend."

"K-Kalels friend?" I stammered.

"Is his memory going to come back!?" Kalel stood up.

"We're not sure, I'm very sorry, you can come see him." I grabbed Kalels hand and we walked down the hall to Joeys room.

"Hi Kalel!" He smiled.

"Hey," she solemnly said.

"Hi," I whispered.

"Hi I'm Joey,"

"Y/n," I mumbled.

"The doctors told me what happened I got into a accident driving to our new house,"

"No," Kalel shook her head pulling me into a hug.

"No?"

"You got in an accident driving home from the airport. Today is June 30th,"

"What? Today is January 10th!"

"Joey you have amnesia."

"Wow...." He breathed.

"I'll let you two talk okay....come et me if you need me." Kalel mumbled squeezing my hand. I sat down next to Joeys bed.

"Hi....you don't remember me but I'm your girlfriend um..."

"Oh..."

"Yeah," I whispered trying not to cry.

"I-I'm sorry but I don't-"

"I know,"

"I umm....how long were we..?"

"Dating? Almost 6 months,"

"Wow...."

"So you d-don't remember....anything?" I squeaked, my voice cracked and I bit my tongue.

"No....I don't even remember meeting you,"

"I see," I stood up.

"I can try- I'm sorry- I mean-"

"Your parents will probably be here soon..." I murmured before ruining back to my room and collapsing into Kalels arms.

"I wish I could tell you everything's okay..." She whispered. "We're gonna get through this," she stroked my hair as I tried to contain my sobs. I couldn't even take a deep breath. "Calm down,"