28

"J-Joey?! What are you doing here?" I gasped when we pulled away.

"I-I remember," he stammered, "and I'm sorry I forgot you," this wasn't happening.

"What?" The tears pricked my eyes.

"And I love you, and remember you. I don't really remember, forgetting. If that makes any sense. It's all sorta a blur but I remember swerving and I just- I'm so sorry," and then I started crying and he pulled me into a hug.

"Don't cry,"

"I'm not sad though I'm so so happy,"

_________________________

I stayed latched to Joeys side as everyone poured inside for the reception. Everyone thought I was crying because of the wedding and I let them believe it. We got in a line and started scooping food on our plates. Everyone had assigned seats and since I was the maid of honor I had to sit at the big table with the bride and groom and best man. Since Joey wasn't invited he sat at an empty seat, at a table with Sharyn and my younger sister who was 14. I could see him perfectly and throughout the meal he kept making faces at me, making me laugh. Mason tried to talk to me a couple times but I just brushed him off and when Joey saw I rolled my eyes at Mason. That made Joey smile. It came time for a toast and I gave my little speech and then they began to play music and everyone headed to the dancefloor. I walked over to Abbey and congratulated her.

"Thank you!" She beamed, "Wasn't the kiss wonderful?" Abbey asked talking about her own kiss

"Yeah it was," I swooned referring to the kiss Joey and I shared. I missed his lips. And him. It was magical and wonderful and just what I needed. I couldn't stop smiling since.