14

I was taking pills everyday. If I wanted to leave my room I had to lug a IV pole and a oxygen tank behind me. Joeys parents had left, he was fine and didn't need any support. If he had medical problems or remembered his parents would fly down here again.

"He's going to remember," his mother assured me before giving me a hug and exiting the hospital.

I ate regularly even if I had to force myself. If I didn't make myself eat I would become unhealthy and I wouldn't be able to fly to Mexico, let alone leave the hospital. I still had terrible, vivid nightmares. The panic attacks got a little bettere but I tried to hide them as much as I could. Kalel knew me too well.

"You need to tell the doctors," Kalel murmured.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I kept my attention on the tv.

"You're still having panic attacks," she moved in my line of vision.

"I'm trying to watch tv," I tried to look around her.

"You can't keep hiding this it's not good! You're sick!"

I dropped the remote and looked her in the eyes. "I'm sick?" I questioned, "I'm sick? What do you mean im sick?" i spat at her.

"Y/n you know that's not what I meant-"

"No! I think it is what you meant and sense I'm sick you better leave so you don't get sick,"

"I'm sorry it's just I want you to be able to leave this place and you're my getting any better and I think you need to face the facts that Joey-"

"Don't,"I said sternly.

"Think about it y/n. it's been weeks, do you really think his memory is going to come back," she paused, "just like that,"

"Shut up!" I screamed. I ripped the IV out of my am and grabbed the oxygen tube and threw it on the ground and darted out of my room down the hall.

"Y/n!" Kalel called after me, probably not to far behind. I swerved through the hall avoiding food carts, gurneys, doctors and nurses. I felt my head spinning as I turned the corner the tears falling don my face. Why would she say something like that? A young nurse was pushing a cart of sheets into a empty elevator. I pushed the cart towards her and dived into the open lift, pushing the "close doors" button right away. I slammed my hand down on the buttons to choose which floor, pushing many so I could be alone for a while. I sat down in the corner and pulled my knees into my chest and let the sobs ring out into the metal box. The more I cried the harder it was for me to take a deep breath and I knew I wouldn't be okay for much longer with out the IV and oxygen. I wiped he tears away with my good hand. The other one was throbbing because of the running. He elevator dinged as my vision blurred and I gasped to take my last breath of air.