12. Childhood

"I'll be back later, I promise," Kalel reassured me before her and Anthony exited my room. They were going to get their new kitten. Joeys mother was staying at a hotel near by and his father and fathers fiancée arrived a few hours ago. After they stopped into see Joey they asked me how I was doing and we talked a bit. My mother got a call for work and had to leave urgently. She hugged me and said she'd call before flying back to Minnesota. She was always like this when I was little. She would miss my school plays and middle school choir concerts. I was feeling lonely because she was always away for work so one day in 6th grade she promised me she'd pick me up from school and we would go shopping. She didn't come for three hours. After twenty minutes of waiting I went back inside. The office was still open and they called her cell and work phones. I ran to the bathroom and cried and after a while walked outside. I sat on a bench, scared and lonely. She finally pulled up around 5:30. I slumped in the passenger seat and dumped my book bag on the floor.

"Did you do your homework?" Was the first thing she said to me. I nodded and she placed a bag in my lap. I reached inside and found a new pair of beautiful sparkly flats. "I bought these while I was out,"

"I thought we were supposed to go shopping together?" I questioned.

"But I was already in town and needed something from Ralph Lauren." She said like it was no big deal.

"I waited at school for three hours. How much of that time were you actually at work?"

"You know my schedule is unpredictable," she brushed off my questions.

Another time she was supposed to pick me up and take me to a movie with Kalel. She she didn't show up and had a taxi drive me home. She never volunteered at my school and was rarely ever home. When I had my first break up she was in New York. When I lost my first tooth I woke up to find our butler slipping a dollar under my pillow and I saw my tooth in the bathroom trash the next day. Around Christmas time "Santa" was to busy at a conference in Delaware to bring any presents. I got $50, a pair of diamond earrings and a pony. My father drank all the time and was always away also. He would leave for months at a time and died when I was around 12. He cheated on my mother various times and when I was sad he gave me money and bought me the newest "in" thing. I didn't have many other relatives. Just a stuck up aunt and uncle who came to visit once a year with her snobby kids. When my mother and aunt weren't competing over who had the best job, house, clothes, closet space, cars ect. They were drinking champagne and shooing me away with the snobs. The oldest of them Genovee, was a year older than me. She thought she was better at everything and always had to prove it. The middle one Lance, was chubby and dumb but always had the meanest insults, slyest comments and ugliest sneers. The youngest, Delanie, always tried to get me in trouble and would break my dolls. My father and uncle would play pool and go out on our boat.

My father and mother got divorced when I was nine. He remarried to a woman who already had a child who was one year older than me. My childhood over there was terrible because she bossed me around and acted better than me. I was afraid to stand up to her until I reached thirteen. She would point out my flaws and always make me feel bad when I did nothing to her. Who knows what she said behind my back to her friends. She told lies to get me in trouble with her mother. My step mother and I didn't have a very good relationship. We rarely spoke to each other and I spent most of my time in my room. When my father died my stuff from his house was packed up and I no longer visited on the weekends. I don't remember crying about it or even being all that sad. My mother also remarried. She had another child with this man and divorced after five years. He always tried to be nice but I don't know if I ever truly liked him. He was always more strict and acted like he was my father. He was very fat and wasn't good with kids. He sent me money in the mail for my birthday one time after the divorce. I wasn't sad that my mother divorced him I was sad because I loved that house ad we would have to move to a smaller one. I was about 13. My mother had two children now and it was very difficult for me. She was never home and I was taking care f my sister 24/7. When she was home I hated it more because she yelled at us for every little thing. I stayed in my room as much as I could and my mother took my sister to school and I got we off the bus and watched her until my mother got home. I would usually cook for my sister and get her into bed. Kalel came over and helped alot also. When I was 17 I moved to the farthest apartment building in that city with Kalel and when we turned 19 we moved to LA.

(It's late and I have school so maybe a update tomorrow)