Chapter 17: Surprise

Well, what happened after that ..amazing experience with L, everything was a blur. Millions of secret agents across the world had closed in on Light and Misa when they least expected it. Before hand, L had figured that the shinigami would do anything to protect Misa, so the best thing to do was kill her instantly. Since you could see Rem, you was able to let L know if Rem was on to all of the task force, keeping you all ahead of the game.

Let's just say you didn't give a fuck that those murderers were dead. Light had put you through shit, a lot of it. Now he's gone and his stupid bitch of a girlfriend is gone too. The killings has stopped and the people you love are still alive.

Everything is perfect. One night a week, you and Matsuda have a movie night to catch up properly as siblings, half of the week you spend either working at a small coffee shop (to blend in) and the rest of the week you spent with the love of your life, L. Everything is fucking perfect.

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

You walked into your apartment after a long day at the coffee shop, it was a Monday, people needed their caffeine. You kicked off your boots and slid out of your (f/c) coat and sighed with relief. You was finally home!!

Walking into the living room, you noticed that the room was dark, the curtains were drawn and there was a slight yellow light coming from the floor. After a few seconds, your eyes adjusted to what was in front of you.

"What the fuck?"

There was rose petals scattered everywhere, a note stuck to the door and a bunch of candles in the corner of the room. Walking over to the note, you pulled it off of the safety pin and began to read.

"Dear (y/n),

I cannot begin to explain the depths of love and admiration I feel towards you. You complete me. From the moment you walked into Wammys house, and when we was reunited, you filled the whole in my heart I've had since my parents death. Thank you. Thank you for loving my unhealthy diet, thank you for wrapping me up in a blanket when I've fallen asleep on the job. Thank you for everything. (Y/n) I love you so much, now if you don't mind, please do me the honour of walking over to the top right corner of the room and looking at the wonderful candles I've laid out for you.

Yours forever,

Lawliet.
x x x"

You walked over to the place he had instructed you to. Looking at the candles, a gasp escapes your mouth and tears well up in your eyes.

The candles are aligned together to spell out "will you marry me?"

Arms snake around your side, you feel L kiss the back of your neck as his hands slowly turn you to face him. He kisses your lips sweetly before getting down on one knee and pulling a small box out of his trouser pocket. Opening the box you see a beautiful diamond ring. You look down at L in shock before giggling happily and screaming out yes a million times, tacking him to the ground and kissing him feverishly.

"I am the luckiest detective alive" L says, stroking your hair gently before leaning in and kissing his beautiful bride to be.