Chapter 3: Old Friends

*3 months later*

You and Light are best friends now, you're always hanging out together at lunch and going round each others house.

He even said he was going to introduce you to his friend. Things couldn't be better. When you are with Light, that pain just goes. Before you met him... your life was a misery.

You had no parents. You'd seen your mother murdered right in front of you. It was pain. For 9 years. And Light makes it go away.

It's a Friday and Light said to meet him by the gates at the end of school. He told you that seeming as its Friday, you Light and his friend could hang out. Maybe go to Lights house?

As you walk out of the stuffy building, the wind blows your (h/c) hair out of your face. The cold wind cools you down after being in such a hot classroom. God, you hated college.

You see light in the horizon, you jog to where he stands. You see a figure behind him. Instantly knowing that's lights friend. The sun is shining on light and it makes him seem godlike. Hot damn.

You've become very fond of Light. He's deadly attractive and he treats you like a human. He doesn't know what happened to your mother, and you think it's for the best.

Once you reach Light, he greets you with a smile. He turns his head towards the figure behind him and nudges him.

"Hey, she's here. Come say hello." He urges. He grabs your hand and pulls you closer to the two boys.

As the boy turns, his back is directly in the light. He has raven black hair that sticks up in every direction. He's wearing a baggy white long sleeved shirt and he's...bare foot? Who would be outside and bare foot.

Once he turns around completely your heart drops to your stomach. It isn't? It can't be?

"L?" You say barely above whisper.

"(Y-y/n)" he stutters. His eyes wide and mouth in the perfect o shape. This shocked light because L never shown any emotion...And...you guys already know each other...

"You guys know each other...??" Light asks, trying not to scold.

'How could she know L. He's undercover. An anonymous detective.' He thought.

"We lived in the same orphanage back in England, light. (Y/n) it's really you!!" L exclaims. And the next thing you know he's lunging himself at you. Tackling you with a massive hug.

"I've missed you so much, L." You whispered into his shoulder. You can't believe he was here. Hugging you. After everything he did for you.

*flash back*

The black car rolls into the orphanage gates.

You was sleeping in the back of the car while watari, the kind man from the hospital, drives. Once he pulled up in front of the orphanage he carefully and quietly opened the door of the car and cradled you into his arms.

Once he got into the house, everyone went quiet. All of the kids staring. watari placed his index finger over his lips and pouted, giving a silent gesture for the children to stay silent.

He carefully placed you on the sofa and wrapped a warm blanket over your sleeping figure. "Good night sweet heart, welcome to the wammy family" and with that he placed a gentle kiss on your forehead and guided all the kids out if the room and shut the door.

-----------------------time skip to the next morning------------------------

You woke up in a big room. It had a tv, loads of puzzle games and...is that a chocolate wrapper. No, there was about 5 or 6! You could hear children talking outside the door, so being the adventurous 9 year old you was. You decided to go and investigate.