Chapter 9: Christmas Holiday

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Your POV*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It had stopped snowing when you was walking to head quarters. You was right in the middle of the city now and seeming as you lived in the kantō region of japan there wasn't any un touched snow.

The streets were flooded with people. Maybe because it's 2 days till Christmas and a very packed country.

You had got to head quarters and are now just heading to the elevator. You press the big button with has an arrow pointing up.

*ding*

You enter the big lift and press top floor. As the elevator goes up you close your eyes. There are mirrors all around the small box and a window. So basically where ever you turned you saw how high up you were, and you didn't like that. So you just stuck to closing your eyes.

'I wonder why L wanted me here so damn quickly?' You thought.

You walk out of the elevator once it had got to the top floor and opened the doors. What you saw you defiantly wasn't expecting.

L was surrounded by bags of luggage and had a black coat on. And watari was standing next to him all dressed up as if he was going outside too. He was holding a big brown envelope in his right hand. He looked at L and gave him the envelope and next thing you knew L was standing right in front of you.

"Hello there (y/n)" he said in his monotonous voice.

"Um hi? What's going on here?" You asked confused.

"Oh, you see. It's Christmas Eve. And you haven't has a proper Christmas since you...left wammys house. So I'm making sure that isn't the case this year."

He smiled slightly and looked into your eyes.

"Oh. So what's going to happen then?" You asked curiously. A smile spreading across your face.

"There's a 100% chance that is a secret! my dear (y/n). Now follow me and watari to the car."

You did as L said. You was a few steps behind him. It was really strange seeing him in other clothes apart from his usual attire. He wasn't only wearing a black coat, but he was wearing white converses. Well he has to wear shoes when going outside. That wouldn't be stupid...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*le time skip brought to you by Nutella~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

You had been in the car for about 30 minutes. You was looking out of the window rather than making small talk. You loved the way the landscape turned into a mix of colours when your eyes went out of focus. The sun had came out for a few minutes while you was in the car. It looked beautiful. The snow glistened like there was crystals hidden in the sheet of white. That the frozen river shown all of the details Jack Frost had put in the night before.

While you was looking at the wonderful landscape it all started to turn grey again. More people, cars, smoke. That's when it the car stopped.

In front of an airport...

"We are here." L said. He unbuckled his seatbelt and opened the door. He must have hated that car ride. Seeming as he had to sit like a normal human being. Rather than hunched over and hugging his knees.

"But. This, this is an airport..?" You said.

"Well I can see that (y/n). We need a plane to take you where you are spending Christmas." He answered with a slight smirk.

"Where are we going?!?" You ask getting rather impatient.

"To a place. (Y/n) I'm not going to tell you so you can stop trying."