Chapter 19: Glowing

It's been a year since you and L got married. And it's been amazing. Although these past couple of days you have been coming down with a sickness bug. Nothing seems to be going down, not only that... But your period is a few days late. Hopefully nothing to worry about.

However.. You kinda hoped it was late for a certain reason starting Ba and ending with by, you wanted a family with L, but that subject hasn't come up before. For all you know, L could be against the idea of being a detective, husband and father all in one.

You wake up to kisses and a lovely detective cuddling up to you in bed. Let's just say the honeymoon period has not ended...

"Good morning my little strawberry" he purrs in your ear, kissing your neck gently. You turn around, rubbing the sleep away from your eyes, groaning slightly at the slight nausea slowly rising in the pit of your stomach.

"I'm o-ok, but I feel a bit sick aga-" you stopped suddenly, running towards the bathroom... Again.

"I'm going to have to get a test..." You said to yourself quietly. Getting up from the bathroom floor slowly, you put on your coat, shoes and some jeans, heading out to the local pharmacy to get the dreaded pregnancy test.

-----le time skip------

'Positive. All 6 pregnancy tests are positive. I'm pregnant'  you thought to yourself. Shit, what is L going to say?

He was in your room right now, doing his usual detective work. You're going to have to tell him now before the secret eats you alive. You was always terrible with secrets...

You slowly walk to your room, stuffing the pregnancy test in your Jean pocket. Opening the door, you look at L with a weary smile.

"Hey (y/n), what's wrong? Still got the flu?" He asks sweetly, getting up from his hunched posture and kissing you on the cheek.

"About that... L, it's not flu.." You say, looking at the ground. He's quiet for a little while, before humming, thinking about what you've just said.

"Well then what is it then? It's rather strange that I haven't come down with it yet" he wonders.

Jeez L, for a detective, you're acting rather dumb...

"L... It's-it's because I'm... I'm p-pregnant..." You almost whisper. He stiffens, silent for what seems like ages before saying quietly...

"I'm- I'm going to be a father?!" He shouts, lifting you up into his arms and hugging you tightly.

"IM GOING TO BE A FATHER!!!" He shouts, bouncing around with you still in his arms, giggling like a little kid.

He lifts your chin so that you look up at him, he's smiling so much. Feeling relieved, you start getting excited too, realisation hitting you that you're going to be a mummy.

"We're going to have a baby" you gleamed, hugging onto your husband, taking in his scent. It smelt of strawberries and tea.

"I can't wait to raise a family with you, (y/n). I'm gonna go and tell Watari the great news!!!" And with that, L ran out of the room to go ring Watari.

Best day ever.