Chapter 21: Labour Day

It was a quiet night, you and L was sleeping peacefully. The baby was due 2 days ago, and you were getting extremely uncomfortable.

"(Y/n)!!!" You could faintly hear in your dreams, it sounded like L.

"(Y/n, wake up!!!!!" Shouted L, he was shaking you, you woke up suddenly, looking at your husbands panicked face.

"L? What's wrong?" You ask, instantly realising that you was sat upright in a pool of water... Did you pee yourself?
Pain suddenly waves over you, radiating around your belly, hips and back.

"Fuckkkk!!!" You cry out, L has already ran into the lounge to call an ambulance. You grip hold of the bed sheets, the pain constantly washing over you, you can feel yourself getting dizzy, and that's when it happens... You pass out

............................

"Mrs Ryuzakki?" You heard a woman call out. Blinding light fills your eyes, you're confused but soon remember what's happening. You blacked out and now you're in the hospital, L and Matsuda on either side of you.

"(Y/n) you're ready to push now, we are gonna count to ten with you and you have to push until we reach 10, okay?" The midwife says calmly.

"Okay" you murmur out in between painful moans, your head feels heavy and weak, how are you supposed to push a baby out if you can barely sit upright.
L squeezes your had tightly, his usual emotionless face was frightened, he looked down at you with worry written all over him..

"Ready (y/n)... 1!!!"

You push with all that you have, your head flying forward, your chin hitting your chest quickly.

"2!!!"

You push harder, squeezing onto L's and Matsudas hand so hard they're trying to put on a brave face and act like you're not hurting them.

"IT HU-HURTS!!!" You scream out, tears escaping your eyes and rolling down your cheeks.

"3!!"

"Keep going (y/n)!!! You can do this!!!" Matsuda shouts, you can see the excitement on his face to see his new niece or nephew.

"4!!! That's it, nearly there... 5!!!"

You scream out in agony, it feels like your insides are about to escape your body instead of the baby.

"6!!"
"The heads out!! Keep pushing (y/n)" the midwife shouts out.

You squeeze your eyes shut so hard you're seeing colourful shapes dancing around in your vision. Pushing harder than ever, you feel a tug down below and suddenly a lot of the pain stops.

A loud screech erupts the room. A babies cry. You're looking around, your vision blurry, trying to focus on yours and L's baby.

"Congratulations Mr and Mrs Ryuzakki, it's a healthy baby boy."

"YESSSSS A NEPHEWWWWWW!!!!!!!" Matsuda screams out happily, jumping up and down clapping his hands, he kisses you on the cheek and rushes outside to go tell Watari, Mello, Near and Matt who are all in the waiting room.

"A-a son?" L says quietly, a small tear running down his cheek. Looking in awe as the midwife hands over your beautiful son into your weak arms.

You look down, taking in the appearance of your son. He had bright (your eye colour) eyes, dark fair hair and pale skin. He was beautiful.

"Look at what we made (y/n)" L says sweetly, kissing your sons head gently.

"What should we name him?" You ask tiredly, a huge smile on your face.

"He looks like a Cameron" you say sweetly.

"Ah, hello young C.."