twenty-eight

NEW SECTION AND EDITED: 31/07/2017

V

when i heard the sound of my doorbell ringing, i heaved a sigh and made my way over to the door, still sending dylan a few texts. i unlatched the door and pulled it slowly open, before looking up from my phone and locking eyes with a very good looking boy. i then remembered dylan saying finn left with a backpack, so i peered round the boy's side and saw a blue backpack then behind him to see a grey car.

i returned to my original position and without thought, the words: "the hell are you doing here, you fish?" came tumbling out of my mouth since he was a day early and i was definitely not prepared. why did i just say that?

he chuckled, "just here to surprise this awfully adorable girl."

i shook my head and looked back down at my phone, quickly typing a text to dylan, letting him know i found finn.

"already bored of me?" he huffed, smirking slightly.

"no, you just interrupted this conversation i was having with this really funny lad. " i pouted.

"hmm, did i really? you sure it wasn't with some idiot named dylan?"

i shrugged, "maybe, maybe not."

we then sank into a comfortable silence, smiles planted on both our faces as we took each others appearances in. to put it simply, i stared at him in complete awe since he was completely flawless and gorgeous—in a very masculine way of course. on his head sat a messy nest of chestnut brown hair that looked incredibly soft. the urge to reach out and comb my fingers through it, ran through me but then my logical side took over, reminding me i couldn't act like a complete freak during our first encounter.

now his eyes, wow, his eyes. they were green. the kind of green you see after a rainstorm in a forest or the kind of green that pushes it's way through the snow to remind you spring is coming. usually when i looked into someone's eyes, i was able to read their emotions but right now, his eyes were unreadable and were instead roaming every inch of me.

was he even expecting this—expecting me? i then looked down at his mouth which was curved up into a smile. i concluded he was in fact happy to see me, unless he was thinking of something funny, then that would have been awkward. he was well dressed, probably trying to make a good impression unless he was the type of person that was able to throw on whatever clothes they came across, and still look good. i hoped he wasn't because then that would be quite devastating since i usually look awful in everything i wear. he honestly looked adorable, that's all i was thinking.

"hey V, stop checking me out, yeh?" he breathed out, interrupting my train of thought.

"says you," i retort. "i see your eyes wandering pretty boy."

he awes and smacks a smirk onto his well-structured face, "you think i'm pretty?" finn then claps his hands together and jumps from foot to foot, acting like a little fangirl. "i think you are too!" he finishes with a girly voice.

i blush at his remark and playfully shove his shoulder, "shut up you, that's not how you compliment a girl."

he just shrugs at me and smiles a wide a cheeky grin. damn, he was adorable. oh and extremely handsome too.

i'm sorry if there are any typos! point them out and i'll sort them out soon :)
—jess