sixty-six

EDITED: 13/11/2017

third person

"are you ready for this?"

"of course i am! just—just open it for me!" vienna sputtered as she watched bree tear the envelope open and carefully pull the contents out. bree's eyes skimmed the front page and her smile turned into a frown. "what? what is it? d—did i not get in?"

"i'm sorry vi but—"

"no no no." she whispered, "but you said—i— why has it got loads of booklets then?"

"it says here that they provided you with some other options because you were such a great candidate."

"if i was great, why didn't i get in? oh pass it here!" vienna grabbed it from her best friend and read the letter herself. she didn't notice that bree was on the urge of laughing. as her eyes continued to read, they stopped on four words.

you have been accepted.

vienna screamed then stepped forward and hit the laughing bree with the booklets. "you—you tricked me!"

"oh my god, you should've seen your face!" vienna was still attacking bree who was also still in the midst of her laughing fit. "but hey vi?"

vienna stopped hitting her best friend, "what?"

she smiled, "you got in."

"i know! i'm so excited bree!" she dropped the letter and the booklets on the floor and grabbed bree's shoulders and began to jump. they were soon a couple of squealing, hyper teenagers.

"durham university, here i come!"

remember to vote and comment!
—jess