thirty-two

EDITED: 12/08/2017

third person

"ask you in person?" finn spoke after he read the girl's text.

"yes, ask me in person." she answered with a small smile on her little face.

"okay then," he paused for a few seconds, thinking of what to say. "what do you want me to do?"

his question caused the girl to giggle and mentally facepalm. when she had told him to ask her in person, she had meant ask her what her name was, not ask her what to do.

what an idiot she thought.

"what?" finn asked wearing an confused expression, "why are you laughing?"

"i didn't mean ask me that in person." she laughed, looking down at the ground and watching hayley carefully colour in a drawing of nemo—inside of the lines, of course.

finn blushed when a wave of realisation washed over him. "oh. well i guess i should just ask you what your name is, shouldn't i?"

at finn's question, hayley looked up at the two lounging on the plush sofa. "you don't know her name? your friend is weird... did you know that sis?"

"i guess he is, isn't he hayley?" the older girl teased. hayley sent her a thumbs up and continued on with her colouring. the elder then shifted a little on the sofa and faced the boy next to her completely, sitting cross-legged.

"your name better not be barbara because that would mean you lied to me. i can't be friends with liars!" finn said as tried his best to not break into a grin.

"be quiet, of course i didn't lie to you! if we're friends, then i guess you deserve to know my name is in fact not barbara, or V. my name is actually vienna."

"vienna." finn whispered, testing the name out on his chapped lips. "i like it. it's unique, unique just like you." he smiled.

the big reveal!
also, thank you so much for seven hundred reads! i love you all so much!
do you like the new wattpad update? i do!
jess