forty-nine

EDITED: 15/10/2017

third person

it's saturday morning and finn has to leave. he packs his bags, repeating a list in his head so he doesn't forget anything. a quick glance around the room confirms he hasn't.

he sighs whilst he sits on the bed and runs his fingers through his messy hair. he really didn't want to leave vienna. it had only been a week that they'd spent together but he enjoyed her company; he enjoyed seeing her smile everyday because of his stupid jokes.

he didn't expect to become so attached to a girl he'd started talking to over a text message, which was meant to be sent to his bestfriend. what were the odds? but he still fell for the girl, the girl that made him feel something; made him fell somewhat special. he wouldn't say he was in love with her and that he loved her, he wasn't at that stage yet. however, he knew he would soon if they continued on like this and he was scared. scared that they had such distance between them that it might strain the relationship that they held.

finn shook his head, he should not be thinking about that right now. he should be thinking about how they'll make it through.

but that wasn't how his brain worked.

———

vienna lay in her bed in a starfish position and stared at the ceiling; she had been staring like this all morning. she didn't want to get out of bed because getting out of bed meant finn was leaving, she didn't want him to leave. not one bit.

as she stared, images of the past week flashed through her mind. from when she first opened the door to reveal a surprise, to the nights where she spent with finn and hayley, watching cartoons with chocolate milk.

her parents had yet to meet finn and vienna was glad of this. her parents may never be around but they were still protective of her and hayley. vienna did not need them scaring away the caring boy that finn was.

she liked him a lot, too much for her own good. the distance between the two wasn't too big but it was big enough to terrify vienna. she felt prepared, she felt ready for the fight.

so she got out of bed.

i'd just like to thank my bean of friend kath for helping me come up with the rest of the book, so much love for youuu. x

don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts, i love reading your comments!

—jess