12 - For Love...

A/N: Hey there good folks! So sorry for the delay. It has been...crazy. My dad had a bad stroke, spend a few weeks in the hospital, but he's back home. Hearing him struggle to cope with words was enough to break my heart; i never want to experience it. I love words...they help to weave and stitch together the world i portray to you that dwells inside me. So...i felt like writing now that he's home and here it is.

Hope you Vote and comment; perhaps even share/recommend my work to others. Also if you haven't already, how's about joining my Facebook page and let's chat there! Cool beans? Ossum sauce! Oh! and Emily Kohl is in the pic above!

https://www.facebook.com/NansiLondonWrites/ 

"It's crazy..." Kris mumbled; barely seeing the view before her of the couple going at it.

Emily had been sitting silently watching with her as well, but she had paid Kris the full attention that she needed. It had only been a day since walking in on something that she would have gladly not known, Reeva getting her vortex invaded by her limp dick hubby, so it was probably still too early to return to work to feel normal. Emily had certainly felt that way, but if Kris had to stay home any longer, she would probably snap. Sighing acutely, she flicked her hair over her right shoulder and pressed both thumb and index into her tear ducts. She was exhausted and needed a stiff drink; better not though... wouldn't want to spiral.

"What's crazy; walking in on your ex or what happened between you and the Russian?" The smirk on Emily's face was hard to miss even without Kris' side glance.

But before she parried, she took a moment to think about the question and what her answer would be. Yeah, the matter with Reeva was incongruous and enough to completely coerce her bonkers considering that she had been dancing with the idea for years now, but it was the latter that stood out most.

"The Russian..."
"Ah, as I thought. How do you feel now after the deed has been done?"
"Unsure. Relieved. Anxious. There's a lot more sensations as well but they're more prominent."
"You like him...a lot it appears." It wasn't a question but a confirmation from Emily.

Kris' heart fluttered at the notion and she found herself feeling uncomfortably flustered under Emily's eloquent stare. Damn it, she felt fidgety and there was an infuriating tug at the corners of her mouth that made her know that she could blush at any moment.

"I want to deny it..."
"But..."
"I can't. He feels...right; different and I can't believe I'm saying it but it's true, I do really like him Em."
"Finally." Emily sighed with a pleased smile. She strummed her long onyx matted nails on her knee and looked all the bit like the cat that got the damn milk.

"And just what does that mean?" Kris glowered; not really entertained by the fuck session anymore but more about what Emily's response would be.
"Stability."
"I'm lost."
"How does he make you feel?" Emily knew she caught her off guard with that question.
"Uh...I..."
"Just say the first thing that comes to mind honey; I'm certain you already know the answer."

Did she? Kris licked her lips as they felt too dry to attempt words and hoped her heart would just chill already with all that damn beat skipping. How did Viktor make her feel? All it took was for her to ask herself that and Emily was proven right; so many words fluttered to the surface to answer. She didn't stop them.

"Alive. Safe.Important. He makes feel like I'm the only thing that matters to him; as if there's nothing too big and certainly too small that he wouldn't do to keep me feeling that way. He's not afraid of me like most people are and though I feel like I could just choke him unconscious most days...I like that. Its...fun and silly and fuck!"