20 - Coming Home

A/n: A little later than i had expected to get this up; damn computer gave me hell. If you wanna see how the new characters look, i will be posting them on my Facebook Page! Let me know what you think of the chapter.

Sunday
Beverly Hills

The dreaded reality had finally set in; Kristen was home and there was no turning back now. Well...she could turn back and totally fly to wherever the hell she felt like but that would only result in her dad sending someone to find her adorable ass and drag her back to Beverly Hills just in time to cut the damn cake. Yay. So it was better just to save the energy that she would need to make it through this lovely family reunion. The twins, her step mom that practically looked like her biological mother and her strained relationship with her father; this was the torture she would have to go through all alone. God she wished Viktor could be here right now. But he was off somewhere gathering The Avengers and saving her world so the least she could do was be a good girl for him.
It was comforting that he stayed with her up until she had to board her flight but boy was it hard to keep her anxiety attack away. Separation anxiety maybe? Probable. Suffice to say, getting through this week would take nothing short of a miracle. At least her father was excited to hear that she was going to stay the entire week. Kris would've loved to see his face; knowing damn well that she had caught him by surprised. It was understandable when she had spent most of her adult life avoiding them like Syphilis.

That wasn't fair...

Yeah, but to Syphilis or her father?

Please avoid using 'Syphilis' and 'father' in the same sentence...

Note received by self.

No, she had to remember her promise to Viktor; she had to reconcile. She would rather have another run in with Blank...

She'd pulled up ages ago but all along, was having the silly internal monologue as she stared aimlessly out the windshield. The valet dude was still standing outside her door waiting for her permission to open it and take her rental to park. The fact that she was still clinging to the wheel with the engine purring was probably a dead giveaway that she simply wasn't ready. The truth was that she would never be ready so this was just a case of ripping the fucking band aid off in one stealthy go and facing the temporary pain like the badass she was.

The moment she let go off the wheel, the basted pounced and swung the door wide before she could second guess her decision.

"A pleasant good afternoon Ms. Hilton and welcome home. May I take your vehicle for you?"

"Uh...sure. I just need to get my luggage."

"Oh no ma'am, they will be taken up to your room for you."

"How sweet. Fine, the ride is yours." No sense in arguing with a guy that grinned that wide. Poor thing was gonna tear the creases or stretch them too far one day. Maybe he was happy to serve after all...or maybe he just liked the view of her boobs from the angle he stood. Who knew?

Her father really had a lot of staff growing up and it appeared that even now it was still the same theme at the Hilton's castle. It would be horrible to sit and find that the remote was lounging across the room or something; better to always have someone available to play fetch. Maybe that's why Kris opted for a more intimate setting at home with just one person to do the chores and errands and one grounds man whom she rarely ever saw but his work was remarkably obvious. Antisocial? Maybe. When she got in from those long nights at the club, she simply was not interested in seeing anyone else nor hearing the ten-thousand tongues of 'good morning Ms. Hilton' that her dad must face all day. Cringing at that thought, she took the stairs up to the front door where she was greeted by security, a doorman and another valet guy. Damn, was there going to be an opening act or something? She was suddenly having a playback in her head of that scene in Beauty and the Beast where all the silly inanimate objects were suddenly animated and singing a chorus that they'd clearly rehearsed three times a week, and entreated silly Belle to be their guest. Her dad probably hadn't thought that far ahead or maybe he knew it would only make her head back to the airport before he could say Hakuna Matata.