18 - The 'Hangover' Affect

A/N: hello my babies!!! i missed you as always. so sorry i've been a bad mommy and made you wait...again. You should know be by now lol. Actually had the worst case of Writer's Block after 6 pages through since the last update. finally worked through it last night. This one should be a tad bit entertaining; just winding things down to get worst of course soooo...expect a heavy dose of drama and action in your Ossum future. Anyhoot!! give it a read and PLEASE let me know what you think!

The song in the media clip is cued btw. :)

Fucking birds...chirping as if they had their very own PA system. What gave them the god damn right? Honestly, she was not a morning person, but this was worse than any other morning she'd ever experience. Groaning like The Grudge chick, Kris begun to squirm in annoyance at the over bearing song of nature outside her eyelids swelling to an excruciating crescendo. Sounded like the beginning of The Lion King outside her damn lids and she was not sure when she was going to be able to lift the suckers. Damn they were heavy this morning.

Chirp, chirpity, chirp, chirp!

The fucker. It instantly reminded her of that episode of Rocko's Modern Life when all he wanted to do was get some damn rest but that little feathery shit kept chirping away. Damn she felt grumpy this morning...but at least she was warm. Was there an extra body behind her? She turned over on what felt to be a much stiffer surface than her mattress and felt behind her. Arms tightened about her waist and she didn't have to see the face to know who it was, but how the hell did he get here? Wait, how did she get here and where the hell was here anyway? Initially she assumed that she was home but she had yet to open her eyes to confirm. There was light outside them; was she brave enough to venture lifting them? Why not.

"Fuck!" she hissed as she dug the heels of her palms into her eyes.
"We did enough of that last night baby..." Viktor mumbled in his sleep.

Kris peeped from behind the safety of her hands and eyed him. He did say that, didn't he? It sounded as if he had but he was still asleep. Okay. Inventory time.

Where the fuck was she?

She opened her eyes...was she in a tent?

Okay, what in the actual fuck am I doing in a tent? She frowned at the sight of a navy blue tenth pitched above her head.
Wait, were they outside? Why? That explained the hard surface beneath them.

"Am I still dreaming?" she mumbled; voice a scratchy croak.
"No...thankfully."

Her head whipped to her left where Viktor laid with arms draped over her. She sat up on her elbows and eyed him till he finally opened his eyes.

"Okay, so I'm awake..."
"Good, now why the fuck are we camping?"
"You insisted baby..." He answered as he stretched his arms wide and yawned.
Damn he looks delicious...
"Stop looking yummy and explain this shit to me." She grumbled; hitting him in the chest and making him groan in protest. So her swing had too much kinetic energy behind it; wasn't her fault. Blame her sensei.
"What do you remember last?" He asked; she hated and loved his wicked grin that suggested that he knew something devious about her.

Soon, a squirrel would run up her legs, bounce off her boobs and try to get what it assumed to be an acorn from between her brows; that's how hard she was frowning.

"I'm getting a headache..."
"And a future investment on frown lines."
"I remember going to work...but I don't remember getting home."
"Anything in between?" He asked as he folded his arms beneath his head and stretched all that lovely ripples of muscles out before her like a delicious buffet.
"I would if you didn't look so damn distracting."
"You started it; this is my only defense. Focus baby..."
"Um...shit. If that damn bird could just shut the fuck up for a moment..."
"Want to go inside?" He supplied after a chuckle.
"Please?" She pouted.
"Very well."