19- The Faults That Binds Us

A/N :Finally... i can post! So sorry! Had much to battle...including Hurricane Matthew, but i survived! All is well...except my electricity is still OUT!!! driving me crazy lol. But! I am at my Bro's house and i must say the atmosphere really helped. so! here you go! have a read! I've missed you all and hope you missed me too. (in my feels). The song? Well...its Imagine Dragons...so why not? 

Tell me what you think of the development so far. :)

Saturday Morning.

"Quit sulking; you've had your way since Monday. At least be happy I'm still leaving town and early at that."

Kris poked the ever moody Viktor right in the rib as he buckled his seat belt.

"If I really had my way, you would be heading straight to the airport rather than to work."

He turned the key in the ignition and it purred to life.

"You had me under house arrest since Monday baby; I have to go in to get the itinerary and close up my office." She said hoping that the little endearment would take the tick from beneath his eye.

"You enjoyed house arrest. Besides it wasn't safe to let you prance about at work or home." He concluded; scanning the area before he pulled away from his home.

"It was enticing...no complaints though I did need to do a bit of yoga just to get the kinks out this morning." She knew that would crack that sly grin on his face; sure enough it worked.

"Still, I could've taken care of it."

She leaned in and kissed his cheek just before she stroked his hair then left her hand to rest behind his neck. He could pretend all he wanted but he liked it. She watched his crooked grin twitch with resistance but she won nonetheless.

"I'm sure you could've darling, but we would never leave. And the guys at work are waiting for me to show up. I'm sure last night shift must've been strenuous."
"Yes, yes..." He mumbled; so grumpy. It was adorable.

Kris adjusted her seatbelt that always insisted on choking her and sighed with a lot of trepidation. To say she was heavy with anxiety was an understatement. It was something to loath; having to go back home that is. Facing her father, her sisters whom would be all over her the moment she got through the door and worst of all, a step mother who had done nothing wrong but she couldn't manage to be around because she looked way too much like her dearly departed tormenting mother. That was a long thought and as close to a summary as she was going to get.

Viktor watched her shift in her seat yet again and as usual it was accompanied by a weary sigh. She was worried.

"Want to talk it out? Venting might help you feel better." He offered as he checked the road that led away from his home, to make certain it was clear. The gates closed behind him and then he took the left to head for civilization.

"I don't know if anything would help me relax right now." She murmured; stroking her fingers through her hair.

"Give it a try; I'm listening." He said as he checked the rearview mirror. The coast seemed clear so he could relax a bit.

"Well, it will be business as usual with my dad; I expect us to throw a few snarky remarks at each other till one of us gets bored and taps out. Then the air would get stuffy and awkward so we would have nothing but the weight of a dark past swinging like a pendulum between us..."

"Baby I didn't know you were this poetic..." He inserted.
"I was an Emo in my teen years; came with the territory."
"Would've loved to witness that. Carry on."
"Then there's the wife; my step mom. I think I'm dreading seeing her more than dad and twins."
"Does she resemble your mother that much?" he asked as he switched lanes.
Kris slanted a look at him and very dryly said, "I had her DNA ran to make sure she wasn't my mother's long lost sister."