8

All I want is nothing more,
to hear you knocking at my door
~ Kodaline; All I want

MEDIA DOESNT COME INTO PLAY UNTIL THE MIDLE OF THE CHAPTER

   S I M O N heard the faint sound of music, which woke him up. His eyes shot open hearing the sound of a country song he didn't know the name of. Almost immediately, a shock of pain shoots up his spine making him groan out realizing he's on the floor. Why the hell is he on the floor? And why is there country music playing?

   He slowly sits up, ignoring the ache of pain still in his back before slowly realizing there are people all around him who fail to recognize him. Simon soon realizes what's going on, he a ghost.

   Was he supposed to be here? Everyone looks like a normal humans, and isn't he not supposed to leave the house? "Hey where am I?" he asks, still on the floor, before getting up. No one acknowledge him, not even the people who were drinking beer right next to him.

oh how he'd love to have a drink

   He hasn't had a drink in what seems like forever, and he hands almost itch to just take it out of the man's hand and gulp it down. Forgetting he's not seen by anyone, he sets out for the bar. He vows to himself not to get anything too strong so he doesn't relapse too much, but deep down he knows that he'd get another, and another, then another, but, for now, he pushed the thought aside reaching the bar.

   He calls over the barista trying to get the girl's attention, with no luck. He tries everything like snapping his fingers, even yelling, before it dawns on him truly, he's invisible.

   He gives up on his pursuit to get a drink and walks to the door of the bar to try and open it, but he can't. The door won't budge open, so he's stuck here.

   "Good evening, everyone," a girl's voice says dining throughout the building. Simon turns around seeing a girl on stage with a guitar in her lap while she speaks through the mic. A pit forms in his stomach at the familiar face he's grown to love and to hate. "My name is Piper Lawerson (you didn't give me a last name ;-; jk I love you) and I'm here to sing a song. This song goes out to my ex-boyfriend. We've had a rocky past for various reasons, but I love him still and I know he's in a better place," Piper explains into the mic leaving Asimov speechless.

Simon and Piper met in highschool, and anyone could tell the two were deeply in love. They didn't start dating until the end of Junior year because Simon thought she wouldn't date a loser like him. But one day, he was dared to ask her out, and he did, both truthfully and because of the dare. She said yes which bewildered Simon because she was popular and he was just a nobody, but he couldn't happier.

   Unfortunately, a few months later, his parents left, and he was on his own. Piper tried helping him, but Simon would refute the money. By then, his addiction had begun, but he never told Piper.

   Piper decided to buy a guitar and began singing and playing her guitar outside of the train station and would sneak the money into Simon's wallet when he wasn't looking. It wasn't helping much but Simon would always smile when figuring out he had a few more dollars than he thought he did.

   The thing is, he spent the money on alcohol and not rent. When Piper found out, finding him laying on his bed with a wine bottle and empty ones under his bed, she was mad and that's when they had their first fight. Simon said things hungover, which he totally regretted, and Piper said some thing sober she regretted too, so after a small break, they decided to get back to together, as long as Simon tried to stop his addiction.

   They didn't last long because she, again, found empty beer cans and alcohol bottles under his bed.

   When she found out about Simon's suicide, she couldn't help but think it was all her fault since her last words to him were, "I hate you, you alcoholic dick!" not knowing how hard Simon was trying, but he couldn't do rehab, and he couldn't stop. Too much swirled in his whirlpool most call a mind, and the alcohol gave him temporary relief that drained all of the mess away.

"The song I'm singing is I'm a Mess by Ed Sheeran,"

Piper visibly takes a few breath before strumming her guitar and beginning the song.

Oh I'm a mess right now
Inside out
Searching for a sweet surrender
But this is not the end
I can't work it out
How going through the motions
Going through us

Piper closes her eyes continuing to str her guitar obviously knowing the chords of the guitar. Simon watches as memories of their relationship play in his mind like a slideshow.

And oh I've known it for the longest time
And all of my hopes
All of my own words
Are all over written on the signs
But you're on my road
Walking me home

*skips the rest of the lyrics because most of y'all won't read them and they just make the chapter look longer*

By the Piper was finished, Simon's eyes "we're sweaty" and he really wished he hadn't of killed himself. He tries to move, but his feet seem to be glued to the floor, not allowing him to get near the stage. "Piper!" he yells as the crowd continuously cheers hoping at least she can see him. He wouldn't be teleported her for no reason right? She doesn't hear him and continues showing the crowd a fake smile even though she was dying in the inside pulling her fake red hair over one shoulder and starts talking to one of the men in the crowd. "Piper!" Simon continues to yell trying to get the girl's attention, with no luck. "PIPER!" he ends up screaming catching her attention.

She looks from up on the stage and sees Simon in the corner of the room near the door, and her heart nearly leaps out of her chest. Maybe believing her Simon wasn't dead brought him hear. But deep down, she knew it was only a dream. Only a dream. Her mind told her trying to keep her from jumping off the stage to leap into her ex-boyfriend's arms. But her heart told her to, so she jumped off the stage, glad she didn't break her legs since it was kind of high off the ground, and ran over to Simon.

"I love you, Si," she calls running through the people before she was a few feet away from her love.

That's when Piper and Simon woke up.

Piper is KaylaLovesCatbug 's OC :D
thanks to everyone who entered <3

Next update: Wednesday April 13th

rest of the lyrics:

See the flames inside my eyes
It burns so bright I wanna' feel your love
Easy baby maybe I'm a liar
But for tonight I wanna' fall in love
Put your faith in my stomach

I messed up this time
Late last night
Drinking to suppress devotion
With fingers intertwined
I can't shake this feeling now
We're going through the motions
Hoping you'd stop

And ohhh I've only caused you pain
I know but all of my words will always below
Of all the love you spoke
When you're on my road
Walking me home

See the flames inside my eyes
It burns so bright I wanna' feel your love
Easy baby maybe I'm a liar
But for tonight I wanna' fall in love
Put your faith in my stomach

And for how long, I love, my lover
For how long I love my lover
And now, now, for how long, long I love my lover
Now, now, for how long, long I love my lover

Now now, for how long, long I love my lover (and I feel loved)
I feel it all over now, now and I feel loved
Now now, for how long, long I love my lover
Feel it all over now, now, and I feel loved
Now now, for how long, long I love my lover
Feel it all over now, now, and I feel loved
Now, now, for how long, long I love my lover
Feel it all over now, now, and I feel loved
Now, now, for how long I love my lover
Feel it all over now, now, and I feel loved
Now now, for how long, long I love my lover

I just really love Ed Sheeran