11

Note: I have no idea if Ethan has siblings
warning: mentions of domestic abuse

In storms of fabled foreign tongues
Tripping eyes, and flooded lungs
Northern downpour sends its love
~Northern Downpour; Panic! at the Disco (If you want to get into them I highly recommend this song to start off its so good and I started liking them/listening to them (well it's he now but once it was them) because I really liked this song :D)

   E T H A N woke up with a film of sweat on the surface of his skin. He had an uneasy feeling in his stomach that made him want to throw up.

He opened his eyes with a groan, the bright light flooding through the dark blue curtains feeling like they were burning his still weary eyes. Something in his head told him he shouldn't be here, and he didn't know where "here" was until he completely opened his eyes and regained consciousness. It was his little brother's room.

All of the sudden, he heard a crash from downstairs, a loud one, that was quickly followed by the echo of something shattering then footsteps.

The door opened before Ethan could even react and his little brother, Henry, walked in with red puffy eyes and tear-stained cheeks. For a second, Ethan thinks that Henry can't see him, but after Henry wipes his nose with his sleeve, he makes eye contact with Ethan who was sat up on his bed. "E? Is that- is that really you?" Henry asks through fresh tears.

"Yeah, H, it's me," Ethan replies with tears in his own eyes getting up and hugging his little brother. They only sob into each other's shirts/shoulders keeping each other in a tight embrace for a while before Henry pulls away.

"I found you, you know," Henry says barely above a whisper looking up at his once alive brother.
"What do you mean?" Ethan quizzes confused at what his little brother means.
"I mean I found you in the bathtub. I tried to wake you up, but you wouldn't. You looked like- like you were staring at the ceiling." Henry let's out a dry son having all of his tears dried out. "I tried screaming you name, anything to get you to wake, but none of it worked. I was so scared. I am so scared."

"I'm so sorry, Henry. I'm sorry I left you with mom and dad. I just never felt I could be accepted by mom and dad, and I couldn't live with that."

   "I wish I was gay," Henry mumbles sitting on his bed looking at his hands. "Then I could be with you. Mom and Dad haven't been the same since you left. They've been angrier. Dad had hit me a few times, but never as hard as he hit you." His voice slowly decreased from normal to a whisper Ethan could barely hear as he explained. "I just wish I could be with you."

   "Trust me, you don't want to be gay. It's not as glamorous as you think," Ethan chuckled trying to lighten the mood sitting next to Henry and putting his arm over his shoulder. "I wish I wasn't gay."

They sit in a comfortable silence enjoying each other's company before footsteps are heard, probably being their parents since no one else was home. "Henry I have to go, promise me you won't join me until it's your time, okay?" Ethan hurries out. "Live life to the fullest, unlike me. It's great as long as you look at it in a optimistic view point which I never did, but I believe you can. Please promise me."

   "Ethan, I-" he pauses trying to keep back tears, not sure. He knows he wouldn't want to break the promise if he made it, but could he live it through. "I promise. I love you, big bro."

"I love you, little bro."

They both share another hug before the door flies open.

And then Ethan and Henry woke up.

Next update: mystery ooooo (I'm not telling anyone ANYONE (if you have concert tickets near me then we can work something out ;)) the date but I have it made up and it'll be a bit longer than usual but It's very special :D)

btw it's not what most of y'all are probably thinking it is aka it isn't someone reuniting with his happy person because I can't really think of who'd they'd reunite with 🌚

I regret putting Simon's and Tobi's back to back because they're both girlfriends but oh well

A/N
I hate this book (not really) because I update this book regularly while I have t update some of my other books for like weeks because I tell you guys when I'm going to update this book and it's kind of like a commitment but if I do that for every book I'll get them mixed up because I'm a dweeb and can't remember anything 😂😂😂

THANKS FOR ALMOST 10k BIEWS AND ALMOST 1K VOTES ❤️❤️❤️❤️