15

In the night the stormy night she'll close her eyes
In the night the stormy night away she'd fly
~Paradise; Coldplay

   V I K sighed as he continued doodling in his notebook. Days have passed with no Elouise and a type of stale feeling in the air between the boys. Currently, Vik was sitting in the kitchen, alone, while Simon and JJ were in the living room talking and the other guys were who knows where. So far, the "Sidemen" haven't really been that much of a group, in Vik's eyes.

   The boy knew something wasn't right, but he didn't know even where to begin to start investigating or who to go to. He felt inferior to the other lads with his lack of voice, and felt as if he was just luggage on their already stressed back, but he tried to keep a positive energy. Someone has to love him, right? He really didn't want to end back at square one hating himself.

   Then it happened. He felt a stinging sensation in his throat. It felt like someone was choking him, but their hands were made of fire. He tried letting out a cry for help, but no sound could escape his lips. Thoughts swam through his head trying to work out what was happening and how to get someone's attention. Air was being cut off from him, which was a bit weird since he's technically dead, but he felt as if he were dying all over again which was something he didn't want to do.

It felt like his insides were burning from the issue out and he couldn't do anything to stop them from destroying him inside out. Tears erupted from his eyes and he let out the smallest choking sound that he could barely hear it. Then again, his ear drums were pounding and all he could really hear was a ringing. Black spots were filling his vision as he looked around for something frantically, when he saw a glass he had been drinking from earlier. His hand shook as he reached out for it before dropping it on the ground. "Vik, you okay?" he heard Simon's voice ask as if he were whispering.

Everything went black.

~•~

   "Wake up!" a voice shouted into Vik's ear making him shoot up into a sitting position. Every part of him ached immensely and his head pounded like there was a hammer in his head. "Nice to meet you, Vikram." Joshua smirked holding out his hand for Vik to shake, but he didn't, and Josh knew he wouldn't.

   Vik noticed their surroundings seeing only pitch black for miles. He opened his mouth, but quickly closed it knowing nothing would come out. Why does he even try? "Poor Vikky. Can't even speak a simple hello. Luckily for you, I might be able to help you. On one condition though, you tell no one about this... encounter. One peep of my name from your mouth, I'll rip your voice from you so fast you won't be able to blink. I'll make it even more painful than that little accident that happened to get you here," Vik thought carefully for a minute or two weighing his options. Joshua has always put off a bad vibe that Vik did not like, but his offer was hard to not think about. "I'll make sure you burn into hell like you should," Vik gulped looking at the harsh look on Joshua's face.

"But that's for another tame," Joshua laughs making Vik even more confused and uneasy. "So what do you say? Do you want your voice back?"

Vik paused thinking he should take the offer. But what if Joshua is bluffing about something.
On one condition though, you tell no one about this... encounter. It sounded pretty straightforward to Vik. And where could Josh fit anything extra?

Vik nodded.

~•~

"Lads, he's awake!" Vik heard Tobi shout. Slowly, he owned his eyes letting them adjust to the light that shone through the windows.
"You okay, bud?" Ethan questions furrowing his eyebrows in concern.

"Yeah. I think I'm okay."

Next update: Tuesday, July the 4th (Murica day)

A/N
lol these past few chapters have sucked sorry about that...
also I'm going to wait a bit before I publish the prologue of my Minizerk book I'm pretty hyped about but I'll give you guys a sneak peek if you care ;)

here's a piece of the prologue:

He had a scraggly untamed beard that looked unkept and dirty which covered his lips that Simon could tell graced a devious smirk. His hands, which were clasped together, were littered with rough patches and callouses. "What's your name, boy?" The big man asked scaring the crap out of Simon. He knew he shouldn't have told the man his name, but frankly, he was too afraid of what would happen if he didn't.

"Si- Simon," he stuttered wanting to run away, but something was keeping him locked in place. Something that made his stomach churn in anticipation, but, for some strange reason, excitement, and he didn't like that. "Wh- why?"

In other news, I'm getting my hair dyed today woop