13

And if the whole world is crashing down on you
Fall through space out of mind with me
Where the emptiness we leave behind on warm air rising
Blows all the shadows far away
~Empire Ants; Gorillaz ft. Little Dragon

warning: I hate Joshua.

S I M O N was surprised to have woken up on the couch in the ghost house. He slept on his bed, then he woke up on the floor, and now the couch? He looked around seeing 6 other bodies of his friends sprawled out on various places. JJ was on the pool table in the corner.

   He heard footsteps, coming from the hall, that were way to heavy to be anyone he knew. So, acting on instinct, he pretended he never woke up and works on evening his breath, but also trying to peek through is hooded eyelids to see who walked in. Apparently, he does a good job acting because the person doesn't seem to notice him when they first walk in.

   Unfortunately, though, all he can see is a blur. It was a tall, muscular blur, but it was a blur, and he didn't want to risk getting caught so he stuck with seeing that blur. A low laugh echoes through the room coming from the person chilling Simon down to the bone. It was a familiar chortle, but he couldn't put his finger on who it was. "I know you're awake, Simon," an unrecognizable voice tells him.

   Simon gulps before opening surprised to see the sight in front of him. "Josh... ua?" There were two Josh's in front of him. One on the ground, asleep, while the other stood above him with a sly smile on his face and mischief in his eyes starting daggers into a very confused Simon.

   "Indeed I am," Josh responds casually. "I'm finally free from that baboon's dumb mind," he sneered pushing Josh's body with his foot with a disgusted look. "And while no one has joined us, I'd like to speak with you, for awhile." Simon desperately wanted to immediately reject the idea because, from Josh talking about him, all he causes is pain. But something was stopping him, and he knew it wasn't himself. Something unnatural stirred in his stomach, and he tried to get up, but it was almost like he couldn't move anything at all. "Come on, Si, you can trust me, right? I mean if you trust Josh, why not trust me? We're basically the same person. If you don't then you might hurt the poor lad's feelings. Wouldn't want that right? You'd be worse than those who drove him to suicide."

"You dumb fuck. First off, you killed Josh by your own ignorance. Josh didn't want to die. And secondly, you drove him to suicide and I'm way better than you," Simon sassed sharing the same disgusted look. "You're just an asshole."

"Oh, Simon. I might be an asshole, but in the afterlife, I'm a very powerful asshole who you don't want to mess with." And with a snap of his fingers, he was gone.

~•~

Simon jolted up into a sitting position with his breaths jagged and forced. It felt like something was standing on his chest, and impaired his ability to breathe. "Finally, he's awake," JJ spoke up before Simon realized everyone else's eyes were on him.

"Joshua..." he muttered to himself, memories running through his head, Joshua's offer still repeating in his mind like a broken record.

Why not trust me?

Those four words made Simon feel like he was going insane. Joshua must've done something, right? Simon doesn't know Joshua enough NOT to trust him and not enough TO trust him. What if Josh was just holding a grudge? Maybe Joshua had a good reason to kill them all. All he can go by is Josh's words, and he speaks of Joshua like a brother to a brother he "hates" but secretly can't live without.

No.

Joshua is a demon. He torments Josh's mind every single day and Josh can't stand him for a reason.

"Wait, what did he say?" Harry questioned quietly and everyone else shrugs not hearing what the tall boy muttered to himself and not knowing that Simon was having a war inside his mind.

Something changed in Simon's mind. He felt like a wall was broken down or something protecting him from near insanity. That wall was broken down by Joshua.

Simon looked over to Josh, who was sitting closest to him, seeing his wristband was white. It isn't supposed to be white.

Across the room, Vik tapped Harry's shoulder holding his notebook out to him, but Harry brushed it off as nothing trying to figure out why everyone was asleep before since no one else bothered to bring the subject up. Vik looked around with worry evident in his eyes and in his frown. Simon noticed and sits beside him reading his notepad.

Elouise isn't here

is written in big letters.

"God damn."

Next update: Sunday June the 12th

Hey I have an idea but I'm not sure anyone would participate but I'm going to ask you guys and see if you guys want to do it and if so I'll do it but basically I was thinking about doing a character QnA type of thing where basically I state all of the characters and you guys make comments of something you'd ask them if their characters were real (basically nothing with YouTube) and yeah :) if you guys would participate just tell me because I thought it'd just be really cool to do one of these and idk

a/n
I legit just woke up I've had this ready since like Friday and I've been so excited to update and see what y'all think :)