17

You know I gotta find my own way
Through mistakes that I can't change
~Great Big Storm; Nate Ruess

I feel like I'm really starting to give off like a "murder mansion" type of vibe so sorry about that xD

warning: a lot of religious talk and I don't agree with everything I write
I feel really controversial about a certain part in this chapter but it's crucial so please be careful reading this chapter please don't take my words to heart

E T H A N couldn't fall asleep, and he was pretty sure no one else could either, so he spoke up. "What do you all think will happen? We're already dead, do you think it'll be any worse?" he asked to no one in particular. No one immediately responded, he just heard a shuffling sound from across the room.

"Knowing Joshua, yeah. It can be a lot worse," Josh responded after a few minutes of tense silence. "He mentioned hell and I'm pretty sure he'll isn't the best place to be, but I haven't been reading the bible lately so maybe he'll isn't that bad," Josh says sarcastically making someone else sigh. All of the sudden, light floods into the room. making Ethan instinct let shut his eyes and someone else grown.

When his eyes adjust to the light, he looks up seeing Tobi next to the lamp standing up. "Lads, we can't just sit here and let Joshua do whatever this is to us! We need to make sure we're ready. We can't give into him," Tobi states. Ethan notices Vik shield away from everyone burying himself deeper into the corner of the couch.

"What are you saying, Tobi?" Harry questions with a raised eyebrow.
"What he's saying, is to say no to Josh. He has some sort of plan to persuade us to join his evil team or some crazy shit like that. We have to say no. Whether we go to hell, or beat him, I side with Tobi saying no is the best option to go," Simon agrees standing next to Tobi.

"You guys, we're already fucked. From the moment we killed ourselves. Suicide is huge sin that God might not forgive us for. Maybe Joshua will offer us something hell. We'll be better there than whatever heaven has. If he forgives everyone who committed everyone who committed a mortal sin then heaven would be overflowing with people," JJ mentions making the tension in the room heighten.

"He's right, you guys, we did something to ourselves that's unforgivable," Ethan sulks suddenly feeling down about himself. JJ was right. God would never forgive them. They committed a sin that took away a gift God gave to them.
"But God can forgive us, right? That's kind of his thing," Harry says quietly feeling the same thing as Ethan wash over him.

   "He can, and I believe he will. But first, we have to forgive ourselves. We had reasons for what we did, and we need to realize why we did so. It might not have been the best decision, but it got us out of our situation. That's why we're her, so we can realize what we need to do to get better. We need to refuse our inner demons because all they cause is sadness and anger towards ourself," Josh explains suddenly changing the sorrowful mood into something better, hopeful.

   "Josh is right. Maybe we just need a change, a change for the better." Vik says.

Then the light turns off and someone screams.

(Was gonna end it there but y'all will have to wait awhile for the next chapter so I won't :) <3)

"Guys!" Ethan calls out into the darkness, "is everyone okay?" he asks not knowing who screamed. Tobi turns on the light again making everyone look around frantically.
"JJ isn't here," Harry points out looking at the spot where he was. He definitely wasn't there now.
"Guys..." Simon trails off pointing to Vik who was sitting on the couch normally. Then, they looked at his eyes. Both were completely white with no color and they seemed to glow.
"Vik? You okay, bud?" Tobi interrogates, scared. No on was sure what was going on. Two people were missing and Vik was acting weird.

"I'm sorry, Vik isn't here at the moment," a different voice, who's wasn't Vik's, laughs sending shivers through everyone.
"What have you done to Vik, Joshua?" Josh growls through gritted teeth. If anyone wasn't afraid already, Josh would've made them afraid in the hostility in his voice. "Where's JJ?"
"Woah woah woah," Joshua laughs, "one question at a time, Joshypoo." Vik had a smirk on his face, but everyone knew he wasn't in control. "Vik choose this fate. He made a deal with the devil, and you know those come with consequences," Joshua spoke. "As for JJ, I have a special off for him. Can't have you all there to ruin it for him," Joshua teases. "And take care of my puppet. I'll be back."

Vik's eyes return to normal, but quickly roll into the back of his head as he faints back onto the couch. "Well, what should we do now?" Harry questions.

"Right now, all we can do, is trust that JJ doesn't say yes."

Next update: N/A

A/N
That was a lot to take in xD
Honestly, I'm predicting 5 or less chapters left tbh
Next chapter should be maybe July 14th-21st maybe
I have a good main idea of how I want to end it but it's not set in stone or anything

If you don't know who Joshua's partner is then just reeead everything because I feel like there are a bunch of clues hidden throughout (even the way they died is a clue)
but if you don't know who it is/can't figure it out don't worry you'll figure out next chapter

so yeah, cool...
bye

Real quick:
If you're going to sounds life feels live (5 seconds of summer) on the 23rd in Nashville HIT ME UP GIRL LETS MEET SOMEWHERE I'm going with a friend of mine so it'll be LIT
IM SO PUMPED WOOOOOOOOO