A "Mistina" Moment

"I think we might have more answers."

Christina holds a sheet of paper and an envelope, looking happy and sad at the same time. I walk up to her and try to take the letter out of her hands, but she won't give it to me.

"No, I haven't read it yet."

She walks to the ratty mattress and sits down. I follow her and do the same. To my surprise she puts the envelope and paper down and grabs my hands.

"Do you really like me, Matt?"

Why would she ask that?

"Of course, Chris. I love you. You are the most amazing girl I've ever met!"

She stares intro my eyes, like she's trying to read me. "Are you sure? Because I have a feeling that this search is going to be long and hard and all together exhausting and painful." Then she looks down and says softly, "I love you too much for you to have to go through all that."

I sigh. "Chrissy, I want to do this. I'm not helping you because I feel sorry for you or anything like that. I'm going on this quest with you because I love you, more than anything in the world."

I lean down and kiss her gently on the lips. She pulls away. "Stop it, Matt. How do I know that I can trust you? And how can I take you with me? That's just me being selfish. I don't want you to get hurt. Don't you see? You are the best thing tha----"

I cut her off by smashing my lips against hers. I pull her onto my lap and she wraps her arms around my neck. After a while, we break away.

"Please believe me Christina, I love you."

I stare into her beautiful blue eyes.

"I love you too, Matt. You are the best thing that's ever happened to me." Her eyes fill up with tears. "Please don't leave me when things go wrong, okay? If you're ever gonna leave, go now, because otherwise I don't know what I'll do if I wake up one morning and you're just gone."

O my God, she's scared I'm gonna leave her. I would never leave her. I love her.

I take her chin in my hand and force her to look at me straight in the eyes.

"I will never, ever leave you. I promise. I will do everything I can to protect you and keep you safe. Do you understand that? That's how much I love you."

She nods. "I love you, Matt."

And then were kissing again, and it's like we can't have any space between us. She's sitting in my lap, and we are pressed together so close it's like we're one person.When we finally come up for air, she rests her head on my shoulder.

"We should probably start sorting through Maria's desk. I just want to read the letter first."

With that she squirms off my lap and retrieves the letter, which fell off the floor while we were kissing, I guess.

"Want me to read it out loud?"

I nod. She starts reading:

"Dear Lil' Sis/ Bestest Friend in the whole wide universe,

If you're reading this, it means I'm gone. Why I'm gone, I'm not sure. That's kinda annoying isn't it? Almost as annoying as having laundry duty and washing all the guys underwear. I hated those days. Anyways, back to my death. I gave you that notebook for a reason, sis. I thought that would be all the information you needed, but I reached a breakthrough recently and you already had the notebook, so I couldn't write it down in it. I'm also not going to write it down here. The information can't fall into the evil' one's hands. I want you to spend time at my desk, Christina. Okay?

Do you remember the good old days where we would be so bored and have nothing to do but doodle on my stickynotes? Then we would stick them up on the walls by our beds.

I love to remember those days, Chrissy. I hope you always remember them, too. Sometimes I wish the past few months never happened, but then I remember what I've discovered, and I am happy again.

Don't worry, bestie. I'm happy with my life and how I lived it. The only thing that would've made me happier is if I had solved this mystery for you. But nobody's perfect.

I love you, sister. You were my world. Stay strong Take care.

Love, Maria."

Christina is silently sobbing. I take her into my arms and try my best to comfort her.

"She was happy, Christina. She loved you. Be glad she is out of her misery."

The tears subside, and the sad look on her face. Replacing it is a face full of determination.

"I am ready to start this search for real. There's definitely clues on her desk."

She strides over to the desk purposefully. Then she looks up at me.

"I might be down here a while. I'm not leaving till I find Maria's last clue. It's the last gift she'll ever give me."

A/N: awwwww this whole chapter is so sad!!!!!! So Maria says she had a break through that would help Chrissy and Matt solve this whole big mystery. what do you think that is? and how will chris discover it at Maria's desk? answers to come in the next chapters ;D just so you know, I wont be updating until Sunday :'( I am going on a retreat with my church :) but there's no wifi :( sorry! But please, while i'm gone read this chapter, comment, and vote! maybe you guys will surprise me and i'll have like 450 reads? who knows, right? haha anyways...

Luv ya guys! You are the awesomest! See ya in three days!!! -marierosa13 **Matthew 15**