Lost and Found

"Christina, is that you?"

I can't even believe she is standing in front of me. She's here. She's alive and breathing and beautiful and I finally found her. After a year of searching, I have finally found her. She hasn't changed much. She's lost weight and grown an inch or two taller; her hair has gotten a lot longer. So maybe she has changed. But her eyes are the same electric blue color they were when she was 13. Now she is 14, and has experienced so many horrible things in her life that she must be scarred. As all these thoughts whirl through my mind, I pull her close to me in a bone-crushing hug. She recoils and tries to escape my grasp.

"Let go of me! Who are you?!?"

Her reaction surprises me, but I let her go. Then, it hits me.

She doesn't remember.

Of course she doesn't. When the stalker shot me, she was able to call for help. The next thing I know, I'm in a hospital bed, but she isn't there. I was later informed she had a seizure, another one! I was so mad that I let that happen to her, but the doctors assured me she would be fine. She was released from the neurology ward the same day I was released from ICU. We booked out of that hospital as fast as we could. We ran into Mrs. Grawling and her goons again, but we were able to escape without too much harm being done.

Or so I thought.

Finally, we reached Staten Island. I thought we were safe. I really, really thought we were.

But I was wrong.

We were looking for a place to stay while we searched for the address Maria left behind. I had already applied for a job at a Bagel Boy so we would have some income, and the owner felt bad for us and let us stay in the storage room upstairs.

What happened next is a blur. I hear a shot go off in the dim lit room, and she falls. The bullet hit her right above her elbow. I tried to get her up, I really did. I told her to run, but at this point she was out from the pain of her wound. I almost reached her hand when I was dragged out of the small room by police. I fought my hardest to get back to her, but I let her down. After I was questioned at the police station, I ran back to find her but she was gone. No one knew where she went. Over the course of the last year I went crazy looking for her all over the country, and now, her she is standing in front of me, and she doesn't even remember.

Life is sick.

While I have been thinking, she has been backing away from me.

NO. I will NOT lose her again, not like this!

"Please, let me explain. I'm Matt. Your best friend. The one who was helping you solve the mystery of why Maria died!"

'Who the heck is Maria?!?"

Of course, she doesn't remember her either.

There's only one thing I can think to do.

Slowly, I pull out a familiar, leather-bound notebook. The pink sticky-notes are still poking outside of the worn pages. I hand it to her.

"Read it, Christina. Read it, and meet me tomorrow night at Bagel Boy if you remember."

"Um, okay? I guess so."

I lean down and place a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"I hope to see you there. I really do."

A/N: HIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! okay, sorry, im alittle hyper because ive been stuck in bed sick and I have nothing to do with myself. so I thought id update!!!!!! I hope you all had a great thanksgiving!!!!!!!! I want you to know how thankful I am for all of you; you have the power to put a smile on my face and I love you guys so much :D

ANYVAYS!

OMG! matt found her!!!!! but she doesn't remember! D: will she ever recognize him from her dream? maybe reading the notebook from Maria will jog her memory and her and Matt can finally solve this mystery once and for all!!!!!!!!

please VOTE/COMMENT/FOLLOW!!!!!!!!!

I love you all so much, I wish I could give you guys a hug!!!! thanks again for over one thousand reads, I think were up to 1,150 :O which is just awesome! infact, im thinking I might double update!!!!!!!!! ;) **Psalm 27:13-14** -marierosa13