Chapter Six

My body felt like it was floating in a dark and empty sky, the pain had ceased and all I could feel was my heart swelling with sweet relief. It felt like the constant pressure on my mind had finally released after the realisation of what Loren is. A faint whisper interrupted my thoughts, my name. The one whisper turned into a cacophony of melodic voices, becoming louder. I strain to understand what they are saying until I hear my own voice whispering along, the words sear into my brain, burning their lyrics into my memory.

Beautiful and dark
Wings of white
Fallen below

Now they fight

He so sweet
He so tender
He so light,
Yet so splendor

He so wicked

He so enchanting

He so haunted

Yet so tempting

Meeting she

He will see

Together they be

Secretly

I felt my body being pulled again, streams of light broke into my vision, I was waking up. My body was relaxed, no longer curled and in pain. As soon as I try to open my eyes they began to water and sting at the sight of light. I knew I was laying down somewhere in Loren's room, the distinct smell of him lingered in the air. I could possibly still be on the floor, but after that rush of, life, is the only word that comes to mind to explain it; I couldn't care less. The whispers and the poem rattle me more than the realisation that Loren is, I can't believe I'm saying this, an angel, a fallen angel. It's like my mind has opened up slightly, the corner pieces of the puzzle are placed down, laying the foundations down for the larger picture. Memories begin to bloom within my mind, a story, feelings, connections are pieced together. Loren, a Fallen Angel fell from heaven and landed on Earth hundreds of years ago, along with Dauson and Evie and others out there like them. One feeling stands out above all else, that he cares about me, deeply, and I feel the same for him. I feel as if part of something horrible has fallen away from me, freeing me a little more.

I felt something brush my cheek and I try to open my eyes once again. I was gazing into a pair of penetrating gold-flecked green eyes, inches away from my face. Loren's face was made up of a train track of worry lines. We both continue to silently gaze at each other, minutes tick by as Loren's worry dissipates into something more primal, something possessive. A breath of his intoxicating scent fills my lungs with that burning fire again. Loren moves without breaking eye contact and now lies on his stomach beside me, propped up on his elbows, face leaning over mine. I feel as if he could see straight through my iris' and into my soul. My stomach flutters with a million monarchs, my head begins to spin as my senses being to overload. My body feels every molecule, every atom of Loren's being. His ocean eyes temporarily seize any memories or thoughts about my life. I want to stay with him forever, trapped in this daze, to never leave this room, to be locked up for eternity with him and only him. Loren puts his hand against my cheek and starts to gently brush my skin with his thumb, heat courses through my body, sparking where his hand lay on my cheek, as if an electrical current runs through me. I wish he would kiss me. Loren's exploration stops, his thumb on the corner on my mouth, as if he could hear me. My body lay still, thinking, hoping that if I won't move he might do just that. Please. I plead with my eyes, and lick my suddenly dry lips. Loren's stare deepens with a sudden desire embellishes within his eyes. He wants something and he is determined to get it. I place my hand on top of his and smile. He leans forward; perfect lips inches from mine. His body pauses, his eyes flicker left and right staring into my own with hesitation. I try not to chuckle. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him on top of me. My hips brush his stomach as my legs wrap around him. I arch my back and pull him in further. I lean forward and our lips touch, sending sparks flying. Tingling sensations burst in side of me. I feel the indecisiveness dissipate and the kiss begin to deepen. Suddenly my toes curl, and not in the good way. The hair on my skin begins to prick in the suddenly humid air as the once harmless electricity begins to crackle around us, goosebumps raise and my body shivers in a strange sense of pleasure. A loud, beautiful scream pierces the sexual tension like a knife. Loren's face turns to stone as he jumps up from the bed, ripping away from my grasp. He reaches for a sheath that hangs from the post on the bed and pulls out a silver blade with a gold hilt. The blade shines with a tangible presence of honor and protection. The presence began to flow through Loren's arm in a physical manifestation, like silver slithers of silver smoke that engulfs his entire body in, none other than can be explained as, a heavenly embrace.

I touch my lips lightly, still in the euphoric embrace of what just happened only moments before, tingling feelings of pure rapture still capture my lips. What just happened? I sit up quickly, glancing around the room in a stunned silence. Dauson and Evie storm into Loren's room with urgency, Dauson holds a sword much like Loren's minus the heavenly embrace, Evie in place of a sword holds a simple, wooden re-curve bow adorned by etchings and carvings, with a quiver of arrows strapped to her back, one arrow already notched. Both scanning the room for danger. Evie comes to stand beside me as I climb off the bed. Dauson stands guard at the door and Loren stands prepared for battle in the center of the room. After minutes that seemed like hours of uncorrupted silence and stillness Dauson looks at Loren in a mix of anger and confusion, "What the hell was that?" Dauson yells.

"You heard it too?" I say quietly.