Chapter Seven

Dauson turns to me, then Evie and last of all Loren, all-gaping at me in perplex.

I feel a slither of something in my mind, alerting me to the presence of two strands of familiarity wiggling around my brain, pushing and shoving for control. One strand of familiarity begins to leave, I pull back at it, wanting to keep it with me, a feeling of warmth and safety comes from it quickly before it disappears from my grasp. The second strand leaves soon after. Looking up at Loren in confusion he scowls at me then turns to Evie, speaking in a hushed and hasty whisper, I catch one word "how". Evie replies, "I know. I felt it, but who is it?" "I have no idea, who is that strong to have an uninvited bond? It's completely unheard of, it's impossible." Loren states puzzled. Dauson chimes in, "We need to tell Alyssa everything. Tomorrow, it's too late now, but first I need to teach her how to block her mind from anymore unwanted intrusions." Evie and Loren nod in agreement. "May I ask why this mystery person decided to only show up just now?" Dauson looks at Loren suggestively while laughing. Frankly, I was wondering the same thing. Who was inside of my head? What is this bond? I have more questions than fucking answers once again.

Loren rolls his eyes, "Dauson, don't be a child. I was telling Alyssa about who we were. She blacked out and when she woke, her walls were obviously down and someone used that to their advantage." Evie instantly looks concerned, she un-notches her arrow, places it in her quiver and lays them next to her on the bed as she sits me down with her. "You blacked out? What happened?" She asks worried. "Loren was telling me that he's a Fallen Angel, so I'm guessing you guys are too?" Evie, Dauson and Loren all nod. "I was coming to terms with the idea of angels and heaven and hell existing when my head just exploded. It felt like someone was using it as a pincushion. When I blacked out there were voices inside my head, they were singing a song, a poem or something, and then I woke up." I look to Loren for guidance. He peers back with a stoic look. I take that as he has forgotten all about what happened afterwards I guess, no need to broadcast that information then. After I relayed the rest of the events Evie was looking at me like she had just received a gift from God, which is bizarre because she basically is one herself. Her face radiates with joy. Loren and Dauson walk outside in silent understanding and as soon as the door closes Dauson begins to laugh so hard that I can feel it with the deep rumble his voice exerts. Evie and I turn to the door simultaneously as we suddenly hear scuffling and muffled groans. Evie turns back to me, "Don't worry about Dauson, he thinks everything is funny at the most inconvenient of times, but he means well. He got scared when he heard you in pain, he came to me and woke me up, he said he thought something was wrong and that's when we heard the scream."

"Thank you, and I'm sorry for being so hard on you before. I know you only wanted to help me" I smile at Evie reassuringly. For some reason I was beginning to believe these people mean well, that they are indeed people I can trust with my life. Honestly, if I can believe that Angels are real than obviously the whole monster theory can't be that crazy, considering they seem to be the ones that gave me the amnesia.

"No, its fine, I get upset whenever I think about it." She sighs, "Enough of that, could you tell me what the poem or song is? I'm good with words, I'm sort of a, how would you put it, a cryptographer."

It's seared itself into my mind, it's not like I can forget it if I wanted too. I relay the poem back to Evie. "That's... interesting." Evie says contemplatively. "Do you understand it? Do you have any idea of what it means?" I ask curiously. "I understand the poem but I don't know what it means; only you know that. The first verse says a dark angel and a light angel both fell from heaven and now they're fighting over something. The second verse speaks of an angel that is light, while the third verse explains the dark one. The fourth verse tells you that you will meet one or both of these angels but realise you have to be together with one of them in secret to stay together. I'm sure you are the thing that is being fought over, so like I said, it's up to you to find out what it means, it could be a future prophecy or it could be a memory from the past." I stare at Evie wide eyed completely bewildered.

"So, what you're saying is that I fall in love with an angel or angels? Loren, Dauson and you are the only Angels I know. And no offense Evie, you're stunning but not really my type." I smile at her as she laughs knowingly. "So is it Loren and Dauson that fight over me?" I'm still reeling over the fact that I live with angels, let alone fall in love with one or even two of them.

"No, Dauson is strictly older brother material towards you. He loves you like a little sister." Evie replies. I silently agree with her, Dauson isn't appealing to me in the same way that Loren does. Could it be this other bond Loren mentioned earlier? "Did I meet any other Fallen Angels while I was you know, not like this?" Before Evie could answer someone knocks at the door.

"It's me, Dauson." The door opens and Dauson comes over to the bed. Dauson was now wearing grey track pants and a white tee. "Eve you should get some sleep; it's been a long day." Dauson pats Evie's back in a brotherly affectionate way as he smiles at her reassuringly. "But..." Evie starts to complain. Dauson interrupts, "Evie, I'll take care of her. I promise." He smiles at me and helps me from the bed, he swivels around to Evie and offers his hand to her as well. Evie refuses and stands herself in defiance, she begins to walk off but turns around quickly and kisses Dauson on the cheek and gives me a hug. She picks up her Bow and Quiver silently and waltzes out of the room, strawberry hair bobbing. I just want to know what happened to the guys with the strange eyes and me; Evie said it looked like I knew them. Maybe they followed me before and I handled it by myself then too? And why did Loren seem as if he didn't want me to say anything about the moment we had before? Not that I would just come up and say it to Dauson and Evie. That little pleasure stays with me and Loren. I smirk to myself. It's just, why would he try and make sure I don't? I thought back to the picture and the guy standing on the hill and how it was like he too could see straight through to my soul.

"She worries about you." Dauson says cutting me off from my thoughts. "Evie thinks you're going to fly away at any moment" Dauson's face softened.

"I'm not the one who has wings." I reply sarcastically.

"I wouldn't put it past you Liss, you have some incredible talents. Even if you don't remember what they are, I'm sure when you need them they will come. We should probably give the big boy his room back before he chucks a tantrum." Says Dauson smiling mischievously at the doorway. I turn around to find Loren staring at us with that expressionless face of his he just loves.

"I think we should give the girl some chocolate before she has PMS, shouldn't we Alyssa." Loren turns to Dauson and flashes his dazzling smile our way.

"Ha-Ha. You are so funny Loren!" Dauson laughs out sarcastically, "I wish I was as hilarious as you." "I'm sure you do Dauson, that's why you're not as funny as me." Loren and Dauson stare at each other for what seems to be a very long few seconds. The room then erupts into gorgeous manly laughter, Dauson was bending forward trying to catch his breath only to find himself in a burst full of giggles again, Loren had his head flung backwards with a gorgeous smile on his glowing face. "Go on..." More stifled laughter, "wait in Alyssa's room you can talk to her soon." Loren says to Dauson. Dauson walks out and closes the door. Loren turns and walks over to me, he gathers me up into his arms and presses his body against mine in a warm embrace. I suddenly realise how tall he is compared to me, probably by two heads. Loren's breathe lingers on my ear as he whispers in my ear "Don't say anything about earlier."
"Why is that Mr. Secretive?" I spit back, I can almost feel the smile playing on his lips. "Before you were taken Alyssa, you were the secretive one darling." He plants a light kiss just behind my ear. "I must have rubbed off onto you." I say with venom. "Well that wouldn't surprise me as we did get quite close." Understanding his meaning my whole body begins to burn. Ohhh, that sounds... exquisite. I stand back with reluctance and look into his eyes, which were heavy with want.

"Dauson is waiting for me."