Chapter Fifteen

After an emotional morning we decide to go on my first excursion to the 'outside world'. We debate on where to take this adventure of ours. Dauson wants to go to the Tae Kwan Do studio just inside town to test my skills with his fellow martial artists. We all agreed and eventually Dauson too, that I probably shouldn't be drawing attention to myself after disappearing from the town for almost so long. Loren wants to go to a local café for lunch, simple and quiet he said. Evie began to complain that her wardrobe was fast approaching its expire date and desperately needs to go shopping. So it was settled, no one got in the way of Evie and her shopping.

Evie obviously getting her way decides that I too need a new wardrobe since mine is somewhat a few years old. When the whole sleep situation became apparent, Loren somehow managed to transfer my money into a new one, which he could keep an eye on it when I came in and out, and closed my old one. He gave me the debit card for the account, along with the pin and how much was in it, to the cent. I almost balked at the amount he showed me on the online banking system. I had to count the 0's at the end just to make sure the amount was correct. The only explanation Loren gave me was that he figured my boyfriend sent me money.

I shake my head in embarrassment at how Loren closed off after that. Evie and I were walking along a strip of boutiques on the second floor of a massive shopping complex. We ended up having to drive four hours to the closest city to get here, so Evie went all out as soon as she walked in the door. Loren and Dauson were off somewhere doing their own thing. Surprisingly I love the feeling of shopping with Evie game me. The different fabrics and colours, the way some things have the effect to create curves and others to create a picture of simple beauty. It made me think of the first memory I encountered, me and Evie shopping and her obsession with black clothes. I haven't seen her buy or wear anything black yet but, in fact it's all been pretty colourful. I walk up to Evie as she peers into a mirror holding an emerald green shirt to herself. "Evie, how come in my first memory of you, you mentioned only wearing black. I haven't seen you in anything but colour since." Evie placed the emerald top back on its rack and busies herself with the gold and silver bangle she is wearing. "Because after you,' Evie pauses, 'After you disappeared I didn't have my best friend anymore to tell me that I looked amazing in colour. So one day I went back to all the stores we used to go to and bought all the colourful things I could. I threw out all the black things in my closet and it became my reminder of you. I always knew you would come back, and I wanted to show you that you were my best friend and no matter what happens." Evie finishes with a smile. I spread my arms out and invite her into a hug, it was the least I could do. "Just because I don't remember the memories I had before with you, doesn't mean the person in them has been forgotten too. I'm still me, through and through, to the heart." I squeeze Evie tighter. "Anyway, we can make new ones right?" I question as we both end the hug with cheerful laughter. "Come on let's buy two new wardrobes worth of clothes and make the boys lug them back to the car.'' I say as we both chuckle manically at our idea.

After this morning's events, the 8-hour drive and shopping extravaganza we return home worn and tired. I drop all the bags on my bed and wish I could drop onto the inviting duvet as well. Knowing that I'll procrastinate if I do, I begin to unpack everything into my armoire. As I unpack my mind begins to wander over the fact that I told Evie about Blaine. Obviously not about who he is, just a roundabout description of his involvement within my life. I must have told Evie about him for a reason, but why would I risk that? To explain unexplained leaving. Of course! If I wanted to go out to see Blaine suddenly without having to answer too many questions, create the idea of a long distant boyfriend. To think I was stupid for slipping that piece of information. Now to find out who I am. I need to find a way to keep me and Blaine as separate entities while I figure out who I was before meeting these angels. What happened to my parents and how I ended up in Saria? Just as I place the last item into a drawer down the bottom I hear heavy steps walking down the hallway, towards my door. I instantly know who's they are. "Dauson?" I call. A head pops around my door, "Yeah Liss?" Dauson replies curiously. "Come, sit. We need to talk." I point towards my bed while I sit on my window seat. "You've always loved that seat, could never figure out why. Not much to look at out there anyway." Dauson says as he drops down onto my bed heavily. "I was wondering, about the whole Angel bonding thing?" I say ignoring his previous comment. "Ah, yes the encounter with the English man." Dauson says understanding. "Well, like I said you'd have to have something with you or around you to be connected with him." He pauses, "or you my dear have a Parabatai." Dauson says waggling his eyebrows suggestively. I look around the room trying to think of a way to put this. "Why? Has he connected with you again? Liss, are you alright? Are your walls down? Do we need to fix them?" Dauson says suddenly panicked. "No, no nothing like that. I'm fine and my walls." How do I put this without letting slip the fact that I never fixed them, "My walls are fine the way they are." I catch Dauson's eye to make sure he had calmed before I continue. "It's just, to be bonded with an Angel you'd definitely feel it and know about it right?"

"Why yes, of course. To have a bond with an Angel you first have to know they are an Angel." Dauson says confidently. "So than with this English man, I would have known he was an Angel, correct?" I ask.

"Well, yes" Dauson says slightly perplexed.

"So I also would have something with me now that belongs to him, right?" I continue. Dauson nods his head in agreement. "Or, have had been around him long enough to become Parabatai."

"So, this would mean I know another Angel that none of you know, well enough to be bonded with him." I say. "I must have known him before I met you guys" I concluded. "That means you knew about us before we even told you." Dauson mumbles. I look up surprised at this, "How so?" I question. "Because once you know an Angel, you always know them. It's like when you look at a tree squirrel and a land squirrel. Both look very much the same but subtle differences give them away." Dauson pauses to think. "But that doesn't make sense." He pauses again suddenly coming to realise something. "You would have known we were angels the moment you came saw us. Why would you act like you didn't know who we were?" Dauson asks bewildered. We sit in a silence as I peer out my window. I thought about Blaine, how I responded to him and how my whole body burned with that desire and fire from just even his gaze. I turn around and speak, "Dauson, Who the hell am I?"