Epilogue

***
Blaine

Ambrose walks out of my bed chamber with the information that my love never returned from her encounter with Mead.

Ambrose and Anthony left hours before to scour the forest of where the meeting was to take place.

Ambrose returned with fear in his eyes as he explained the desolate crater of misty shadows and blood tipped tree trunks.

Instead of descending into a fit of rage and panic, I reminded myself of the words I spoke to Ambrose the day our Queen began her journey.

***
3 Months Earlier

"I saw my mother." She whispers through the bond.

Ambrose calls to me, "She truly does not remember?" I nod in reply; she has more to remember than I realised.

"We do not have much time before they come again. She will return for her. We need to prepare her; we need to reclaim the Aissa we once knew." Ambrose suggests.

I shake my head solemnly, "Ambrose, you must realise that this woman that stands before us is no longer the Aissa we once knew, nor is she the woman she became to deceive the trio of angels, Alyssa. She is a new woman with experiences that will strengthen her mind. The memories and skills of her old selves were only stepping stones to create the woman who will stand before us at the beginning of this war."

Ambrose's eyes widen in disbelief, "The prophecy is true? She is the one?"

I smile affectionately towards the woman I have learned to love, "She will become Malika, Ambrose."