Chapter Twenty Four

Im living in a world where my own existence is incomprehensible and strange. The realm that I'm currently occupying makes more sense in it's physics defying, malleable state, than my own life does.

Like clay its creator can shape and re-shape its form. Whereas I am stuck in my unfinished shape of not quite human, but not quite something else.

Some days I wish I could meet the people who created me, other days I would settle with why they would create whatever I am.

"Aissa, we require your pretty face in my office", Blaine's overly obnoxious voice bounces around my mind. 

"As long as I'm being requested for my valuable contributions and not to be your eye candy."

"And why can't it be both?

Sending a mental sigh his way, I smirk to myself. 

Cant argue with that.

By the time I got to Blaine's office, a pile of official looking people were gliding out grim faced. Blaine and Ambrose filled me in. Then it was my turn to not-so gracefully glide out of Blaine's office grim faced. 

"We've located the man who murdered your parents."

My breath was forced out of my body.

"We think he's setting a trap for someone, or you." Blaine's voice echoes.

Ambrose's form settles in the corner of my vision, "You've been gone for a while from the human world. They would have noticed by now."

They.

I blindly stalk down the halls of the realm when I feel Ambrose come up behind me and catch my arm. He pulls me into a room and passes me an object wrapped in a cloth. My body is suddenly embraced with a soothing calm.

"Where is the man?"

Ambrose frowns.

"He is insane Aissa. He doesn't know himself anymore. He is just power and hunger. Existing on borrowed life." 

Ambrose wraps my hands around the bundle tightly.

"He is not the man he used to be."  Ambrose's sad eyes tell me he knows he's already lost this battle with me.

He passes me a slip of paper, a map with marked coordinates.

"Thank you Ambrose."

Authors Note

Yikes. I spent months on this chapter trying to figure out how to bridge the last couple chapters to the rest of the book. This is such a lazy chapter but its all I could do for now. I doubt it will change much in the future, just more detail and conversation probably.

Rhiannon xox