Chapter Twenty Two

The swish of clothing and clip of shoes breaks the silence that saturated the air as the mass of bodies twist and move like an ocean wave of blue and white. Whispers and gasps fill the room as all eyes turned from the front of the room to face me. My body tingles with a bitter coldness, my skin prickles with anxiety as I realise that these people know me.

"That's right Aissa, these people love you as much as I. Some days, I believe even more."
I sigh at the familiar feeling of Blaine's presence within my mind. Comfort washes over me like a bucket of warm water over frozen skin. A rush of voices surge forward leaving me faint with an aura of pain surrounding my mind. Whispers of plight and yells of fright bounce around the walls of my head as the cacophony of voices heave and spike. My world is replaced with emerald eyes of ire, blood lipped sneers and words of snide disposition. Golden precipices and silver trimmed clouds fill the skied as images of men and women float from the murky sky, fill my vision. The sky begins to swirl and fall, wind whips at my face and my stomach drops. The sky transforms into a canvas of black and silver, a moon of spilt wine fills the centre as the ocean angers, stirred with misdirected souls.

Like rain drops, they trip and fall.

Falling to their deaths, they scream.

To and fro, they dance in a haunting ball.

This their fate, they rip at the seam.

Gloomy shadows in the moon, they continue to fall.

Earth now their keeping, tears stream of misplaced dreams.

***
Blaine

Aissa's mind reconnects with my own after her episode finishes, the glassy film that covers her eyes retracts to reveal her true soul.
"My beautiful seer." I whisper through our bond. Gathering her bearings once again, she looks around unsure, until she peers up at me through thick lashes, "I saw my mother." She whispers through the bond.

I make my way down the stage and towards her. Letting Ambrose take the stage in my place and continue the assembly. I stroll towards her, guiding my hand towards hers, interlacing her cold fingers with my warm ones. Knowing she won't be out of her delirium just yet; I lead her to her new room to begin the arduous process of explaining.

***
Aissa

The moment I awoke I felt his presence. It was everywhere, on my skin, in my mind, throughout my sense. He was apart of me, more so than Loren ever was. This something else, this was potent. This connection was something I felt deep within me, something that my soul had been craving for, yearning.

The emptiness that had filled me since the day I awoke had dissipated, leaving me with a sharp clarity.

I know who I am.

Memories came with sensations, with feelings and smells.

I opened my eyes to a deep purple canopy, held by dark wooden pillars.

A feeling of love and a flash sweaty bodies intertwining filled me with a breath of fresh air.

The silken sheets beneath me filled me with comfort, like the days after a hard spar with Ambrosia when I sunk into this bed, sore and tired.

Ambrosia... He is the white haired man I followed through the winding halls. He is my friend, he is my best friend. Images of a small white haired boy running after me through a field of sunflowers, dancing and spinning, laughing with a happiness only children can attain, assault me. The boy I grew up with.

A memory of meeting Ambrosia for the first time forces me to shut my eyes in an automatic pain. His body rose like smoke, a pure white spectre, signifying his innocent child, status. He flung his small, transparent body at me with a force that knocked my own small body to the ground, he clung to me with a fierceness that reminded me of when I was also scared after a bad dream. Tears wracked his body as wisps of coldness touched my skin briefly before floating into the air and dissipating. As the years went on, his body became solid and he grew, and he flourished into a man.

"Hello Aissa." A familiar voice calls to me as I shoot up, filled with the need of his touch.

I find Blaine standing at the edge of my bed, smiling with adoration in his eyes.

"You." I whisper before I find myself flinging my body into his outstretched arms.

------------

Blaine and I sat on a soft leather lounge that had been well worn, providing a comfortable area to curl up to. I sat at one end while Blain sat at the other, body turned towards my own, feet comfortably laying before him crossed at the ankles, with a hand languidly hanging down the back if the couch.

We had sat like this for going on an hour, thinking and feeling.

Blaine began to play with me at the half hour mark, stretching an imaginary hand towards my own, brushing my hand, trailing his fingers up and down my arm soothingly. I prodded back, suddenly well aware of my mental abilities. I could ruffle a mental hand through Blaine's perfectly styled hair and visibly see the strands moving accordingly.

Afterwards, I had begun to realise I was no longer the woman I was yesterday.
I was living in a house of secrets with secretive angels, living as a woman suffering from amnesia.
Nor do I feel as the woman in my memories. A girl who grew up among the paranormal, in a realm where lost souls reside. A teenager who fell in love with two angels, who pretended to be someone else, who tried to protect her realm and her angel friends.

I feel as if I'm a new person, someone with the benefit of living three separate lives, learning and growing as a person within each path.

I'm no longer just Alyssa, the confused girl.

I'm no longer just Aissa, torn between two families.

I'm no longer the woman who awoke with no notion of herself.

I'm a woman determined to sort out this damn mess.

I'm over with whoever messed with my mind. I'm done with whoever fooled Loren, Dauson and Evie. I'm prepared to find out who thought they could ruin so many lives and tell them where they can bloody shove it.

Feeling Blaine softly touching my mind, I dissolve the harsh lines that had marred my features and lift my head to meet Blaine's humorous eyes.

"There's that fire I've missed." Blaine smirks as I realise he had been following my thoughts the entire time.

This is going to be interesting.