chapter 9

***********************
I go down to breakfast. I have collage today and i woke up to do fajr and didnt sleep after that. I just stayed in my room until i got bored and decided to go downstairs.

When i walk into the dining room, i saw Zaid there. He didnt even bother looking up from his food.

" good morning, Nina," i say and Nina gives me a warm smile.

" good morning, Nadia," she replies.

I take a seat as far away from Zaid as i can and Nina places food in front of me.

" why dont you join us?" i ask her.

" i already had my breakfast," Nina says.

" ok," i say.

" can you shut up?..your voice is annoying," Zaid snaps at me. I glare at him. I wanted to say something back but what happend last night came back to me. He really is the devil. Him even looking at me scares me.I look down at my food.

" now Zaid, you dont have to be that rude," Nina says. Zaid doesnt say anything after that. I think he listens to Nina.

I finish my breakfast and stand up to leave.

" where are you going?" Zaid asks me with a cold voice.

" college," i reply.

" i will drive you there since i am going out too," he says.

I narrow my eyes at him. I remember what he did last time.

" no..its fi-," i start to say.

" dont talk back to me and do as i say," He says. I nod too scared to say anything else.

I shouldnt be scared of him.

Once in the car, i start feeling uncomfortable again being so close to him.

" i have meetings in the afternoon and your coming with me," he says.

" why?" i ask.

" your the one who signed the contract to protect me," he replies without looking at me.

Oh right.

" ok," i say and i look at him. He was facing ahead. His hair was in the same quiff style and his noticeable jaw line made his face look like a model. He was wearing black pant with a v necked shirt that stuck to his body outlining his well build body.

He is hot.

Wait what?

Nadia snap out of it.

" are you done drooling over my body yet?" his voice brings me back to reality.

" w-ha-what?" i say and look down at my hands embarrassed.

" dont play dumb...you were checking me out but dont dream too much...you will only be married to me for 4 months," he says.

" and after that?" i ask.

" divorce and..nevermind ," he replies.

"And what?"

"Nothing...just don't expect anything from me. I will never fall in love with you"

He is right.

I let out a small breath and decide to just ignore his words.

By now, he parked in front of the huge school. I saw Kaaber waiting for me and a smile formed on my lips. He is a really good friend.

" thanks," i say to Zaid. I look at him to see him looking past me at Kaaber. He looks at me and nods. I get out of the car and walk toward Kaaber who gave me a warm smile. I felt someones gaze on my back and look back to see Zaid's car still there. I ignored it and Kaaber and i walked inside.