Chapter 31

I run back inside. There were smoke every where, people runing holding on to each other. The stage was on fire and the decorations were all burned and turned into ashes. I cough because the smoke was burning my throat.

"ZAID!" I scream on top of my lungs. It was so loud I don't even think he would be able to hear me...if he is still- No No I can't think like that. I check under flipped over tables and behind fallen curtains. He was nowhere.

"ZAID!" I try again. Still no answer. I was panicking by now, my heart was about to jump out of my chest. Sweat was coming down my cheeks, mixed with tears. Everything was starting to get blurry. I heard a loud crack and look up. Right over my head, one of the wooden pole was breaking down. I was glued to my place. I couldn't move. The huge wood, broke and was about to come down on top of me. But before it could touch me, someone's strong force, pushed me and threw me to the ground.

Zaid and I both land on each other, him on top of me, just as the ceiling came crashing down.

"Zaid...are you alright?" I ask him. I feel his cheeks, as he looked into my eyes.

"I am sorry...all those things I said to you...i didn't mean it...i was being selfish and...-"

"Shh...i am glade your ok," I say. He gets up from top of me and pulls me up also.

"Let's go...we have to get out of here, apparently the people who planted the bomb are after me,"

"How did you know?" I ask.

"I over heard a men talking on the phone few minutes ago and they are looking for me...we
have to get out of here," He grabs my hand in his and pulls me along with him. We walk into a quite hallway on the other side of the hall.

"Where are we going," I ask, out of breath.

"I have been here so many times, there is a back door to this hall, which we can use to get out, the car will be waiting for us at the back," we run as fast as we could. I had taken of my heels and thrown them somewhere just so it will be easier for me to run. We turn to the right and then again and came to a door at the end of the hallway. There was a lock on it.

"Hold on," Zaid says. He lets go of my hand and throws himself at the door, trying to loosen the old lock. After few more hard push, it snapped and fell to the floor. The door opens revealing a staircase. I follow him as we both walk down. It the bottom of the stairs was a door and another hallway to the right. This door was also locked. Zaid tries to loosen it.

"Whoa whoa lovebirds, slow down a little," a voice says. We turn to the right. Keif and 3 other men who were armed with weapons surrounded us. I immediately got in front of Zaid.

"No, you stay back," he says. He pushes me behind him.

Keif let's out a evil laugh.

"Finally a big boy huh?" He says.

"I have been a bigger men than you have Keif,"

"Oh really? Remind me again why you married her in the first place?" Keif says.

"Remind me again, who is afraid of being defeated?...you are the one who have been trying to attack me right?"

"Oh so you finally figured that out huh?" Keif points the gun at Zaids chest, but Zaid does not even flinch.

"I hate you...i hate that you succeeded in your business more than I did,"

"Well that's your problem,"

"I wanted to kill you so many times, but every time...you survive...i was so close last time but this bitch right here took the bullet," Keif says. His eyes were furious.

"This bitch right here is my GODDAMN WIFE! DON'T YOU DARE SAY ANOTHER WORD ABOUT HER!" Zaid screams.

He called me his wife?

No...way...did I hear him right?

"Lower your voice or I will shoot you both down right here," Keif threatens. Then all of a sudden, Zaid raised his fist and punched Keif. Keif fell down on the floor, blood on the corner of his mouth.

The armed men's all point their guns at Zaid. Zaid, threw himself at one of them and tackled him down, he then flung his feet under another one, tripping him to the ground also, and he stands up and punches the other one on the face. All the men surrounded him. Two of them held him by the arms while the other one threw punches at his stomach. I was screaming his name. I didn't know what else to do, so I turn the men who was hitting Zaid around and kick him down where it hurts. As he leaned down in pain, I bring my knee up in his face and threw him backward. I then give him a front punch. He droped motionless to the ground. Zaid wasn't doing bad himself. He freed himself from their grip. He gave one of the men a straight punch and a uppercut and give the other one a spin kick.

Then there was a gun shoot. And I felt someone wrap their arm around my neck and aim a gun at my temple.

"Let them go or she gets it," Keif fires at the air again. Zaid drops the men he was beating up and stands up to look at Keif who has trapped me.

"Let her go..."Zaid says. There was blood on his cheek which he wiped away with the back of his hand. "Keif let her go or I swear I will cut you to pieces," he moves a step forward but he stops when Keif strengthens his grip around my neck. It was getting harder to breath. I gasped for air. One of the men regains consciousness and points a gun at Zaids temple also.

Keif laughs. "What did you think?..that you can win that easily? I think not,"

"Let her go...you have nothing to do with her...she is not involved in this," Zaid say.

"Oh but she is...she got involved since the beginning, one because my brother is in llve with her,"

Maruf???

He is involved in this?

I can't believe this.

"And two, since she got married to you, any lover of yours is my enemy,"

Zaid struggled to get himself free. The men punched him in the jaw, blood poured out of Zaids mouth.

"Zaid!!!," I say out of breath.

"Don't worry tho...nothing will happen to her...after all she is going to be my brothers wife soon," Keif says as he smiles at me. God I hate that smile.

"I am not marrying anyone, and you can't force me," I say to him.

"Shut up...you are going to marry him weathers you like it or not." I wince in pain. "Oh sorry," Keif says as he gives me another evil smile and loosens his grip on neck.

"If- you-even-dare touch her I WILL KILL YOU," Zaid coughs up blood. I try to run to him but Keif was too strong.

"Finish him," Keif orders the men. Keif drags me toward the door. The lock was now open.

"ZAID! ZAID!" I scream his name. My eyes where blurry with tears. The men was punching the living day light out of Zaid. I felt the pain he was feeling in my heart. It was unbearable. I cry out his name as Zaid sunk to the floor. Blood was everywhere. He seemed weak because once on the floor, he couldn't get up even through all the effort. Our eyes meet for the last time just as Keif drags me out and we turn a corner.

*********

So this was a very intense chapter, right?

What did you guys think? Lemme know. Vote comment, and share and I hope you enjoy. Thanks for all the support and I am sorry for any mistake. I was in a rush writing This so I might have made some mistakes.

Anywaysss have a great day/night and the next chapter will be up prwttyyyyyy soon. 😃☺😍