Chapter Twenty Five

Wayne's POV

"You said you want to talk to me?" I asked, sitting down on the armchair in front of his desk. Last night, I received an email from my father telling me to immediately come to his office because we had an urgent matter we needed to discuss. I rarely see my dad. I'd be lucky if we see each other twice in a month.

He was reading some documents when he got there. He lifted his gaze up to me and set the folder aside. He clasped his hands together in front of him as he looked at me. My father had always looked serious, calm, and calculatedly refined. When you see him, you'd know that he was a no-nonsense kind of guy.

"Tama ba ang mga naririnig kong balita tungkol sa'yo?" He asked with a hint of controlled anger in his voice.

"What?" My brows furrowed.

"You have a woman living in your condo unit with you." He said.

My heart started beating fast. I opened my mouth to say something but closed it back when I couldn't find any words to say. I didn't know how to explain to him about Tanya. I didn't where to start.

"Is that true, Wayne?" He gave me a sharp glare.

"Yes, Dad." I answered quietly.

"Gaano katagal na ito?"

"Almost two months."

I saw how his expression darkened even more.

"Pinabayaan kita sa mga gusto mong gawin. I gave you your freedom while giving you money to spend on anything you want. I pay all your bills and everything you have now, every cent you have is from me." His voice boomed throughout the room. I could tell that he was really pissed off. He rarely loses his cool like this. "Hindi maganda ang record mo sa eskwelahan, palagi kang bagsak sa klase dahil bihira ka lang pumasok... I put up with all that, Wayne. Kahihiyaan para sa akin ang mga katarantaduhan na ginagawa mo. Your actions reflect on me, my reputation! And then I find out you're letting a prostitute live with you?"

"Tanya is not a prostitute!" I threw him a sharp look as my jaw clenched. I tried to hold my anger in at his harsh words. I was so angry I could feel hot blood pounding in my head but I tried to hold my emotions back. "Malinis na babae si Tanya. Wala kang alam sa kanya. How dare you say that? You don't even know shit about me, your own son."

"I had her investigated, Wayne." He took out a folder from his desk cabinet. "Kabilang siya sa mga babae sa isang Blue Book kung tawagin? That's where you found her, right? She's a student prostitute. I never thought you'd stoop that low."

"She is not a fucking prostitute, dad!" I frustratedly slammed my fists on his desk.

"Do not use that language on me, young man. Baka nakakalimutan mo, you are living off my money. You maxed out your credit card because you funded her mother's medical bills. Ako ang nagbabayad ng lahat nang iyon." He calmly said, not paying attention to my anger and frustration, as he was scanning through the documents. "And now you're letting a harlot live in a condo unit that I bought for you? Ano bang pumasok diyan sa isip mo?"

"Dad, I don't want to argue with you." I tried to get a grip of my raging emotions. "Mali ka nang iniisip tungkol kay Tanya. She is not what you think she is. Yes, she had herself listed in the blue book, she needed the money because her mother was sick."

"Wala akong pakialam sa kung anuman ang rason niya. I want her out of your condo unit and your life. Get rid of her." He firmly said.

I shook my head. "No... I'll do anything but that."

"Do not try me, Wayne. You have gone way beyond your boundaries. This is where I draw the line." He said in a still calm but furious tone. "Huwag mo akong subukan kung ayaw mong gumawa ako ng bagay na di mo magugustuhan."