Chapter Forty Seven

Wayne's POV

"Wayne, tumayo ka nga d'yan." She softly said, trying to pull me up but I remained on my knees.

"I didn't mean everything I said. I'm an idiot. I'm so sorry, Angel." I was bawling like a little kid who had badly scraped his knees. "Please, forgive me. Kahit ano'ng sabihin mo gagawin ko. Kahit ano susundin ko. Kung gusto mo kong saktan, saktan mo ko. Lahat gagawin ko, lahat ng galit mo tatanggapin ko. I just can't lose you again, Tanya. I can't..."

"Wayne..." Her voice broke with tears.

"Tell me you forgive me. Please, Angel... I promise, I will make it up to you and our baby. I'll never let you go again. I love you and our baby and I can't imagine not having you in my life. You're the only thing that made sense to me from the very beginning. I need you. Mahal na mahal kita, Tanya."

She brushed her fingers through my hair soothingly. I lifted my eyes up at her and our gaze met. Her doe-like eyes were coated with tears. When she looked deep into my eyes and a tender smile appeared on her lips, it was as if my whole world had stopped. The part of me that I had lost, I found in her again.

"Tumayo ka na nga d'yan." She wiped my tears away.

"Tell me you forgive me. Please, I need to hear it from you." I desperately begged.

"I've already forgiven you. Ayaw ko magdala ng galit sa dibdib ko para sa ama ng anak ko. Hindi ko pa siya nakikita o nahahawakan mahal ko na ang anak natin. Our baby's a part of you and I can't hate you because of that."

Despite the endless tears, I managed to break a smile. I kissed her stomach and gently caressed it. "Baby, sana mapatawad mo din ang Daddy. I made a huge mistake. I hope someday you won't hate me for all the things I had said. I was confused and angry. At that time, I felt like getting mad at your Mom was the only way I could feel sad and strong at the same time. I'm so sorry. Mahal na mahal kita ni Daddy, this is what I would want you to always remember."

I showered her stomach with kisses as she continued stroking my hair. She posseses the gentlest touch for the broken soul. Tanya pulled me up after a few moment.

"Tanya..." I cupped her face with my hands. Her face radiated her beauty, the beauty that whispers ever so subtly to my soul. The beauty that revealed not only her physical beauty but the beauty of her heart. The beauty that I fell in love with, the one that captured my heart and soul first before entrancing my eyes. "I don't want to lose you again. Do you remember the plans we had when we were younger? Hindi pa huli ang lahat para magawa natin ang lahat ng iyon. Let's make it happen... When you're with me I know everything's going to be okay and even if it's not, then at least you're with me. When you're gone I feel like my body is missing a piece of itself. I can't do without you. I can't let you go. You're the only one who can quiet my mind so I can sleep at night because you turn my nightmares into dreams. Your hand is the only hand I want to hold when I'm old and gray. I want to love you until the very last of my breath."

She bit her bottom lip to keep herself from sobbing. It all went silent. Her soul and my soul, every string that held that both together and finally we became one again. Our broken pieces fitted back together. It was only her that I wanted. Just her and I together. There would never be an amount at which I love her enough.

"Mahal na mahal kita, Tanya." I pressed my lips against hers. "Please, give us a chance."

"Wayne, mahal na mahal din kita..." She murmured against my lips.

I pulled my lips away from her. "Sumama ka na sa akin. Kayo ni Therese. Magsimula tayo ng panibago kasama ang magiging anak natin."

"Saan tayo pupunta?" She asked, her brows furrowing.