Chapter Thirty Four

Wayne's POV

I blinked my eyes open to see a little girl sleeping next to me and right next to the girl was Tanya. Her arm was wrapped around Therese's body as she slept. It was already morning. The sun was shining through the windows and falling in golden rays inside Therese's room.

How many times had I dreamt of waking up next to her and our children? I felt a sting in my chest as reality slowly sunk in. She could've been mine but Therese wasn't my child. She was the child of the woman I loved and her lover. Maraming taon na ang nakaraan, Tanya had always been at the back of my mind. That was where I buried her and our memories. Not I felt as if it was burning like wildfire through my mind. I'd been trying to fight it but it just kept spreading. I'd fantasized about seeing her one day, everything would be forgiven, everything would be forgotten. I'd take her again and we'd have the family we had always wanted. But it was too late. She built a family with someone else.

I knew I was torturing myself. I could've easily refuse George's offer but I gave in to my need for her. I still couldn't accept a life without her. I could no more give her up than I could give up breathing. I needed her if it's only for a moment now and then. A glimpse of heaven is better than a life in hell which is exactly what it was without her.

"Good morning, Mr. Wayne." Therese's little voice pulled me from my thoughts. I looked down and she was staring at me with a sweet smile on her face.

"Hey." I smiled. "Good morning."

"Did you sleep in my bed too? We had a sleepover?"

"I guess so, yeah." Sabi ko.

Therese sat up, her motion woke Tanya up. Our gaze met but she immediately looked away.

"Good morning, Mommy." Therese said and kissed her mother's cheek. Then she turned to me and pressed her lips on my cheek too. "I forgot to say give you a morning kiss." She giggled.

"That's alright." I smiled. Her sweetness made my heart melt.

"Good morning, sweetheart." Tanya sat up and kissed him on the forehead.

"We had a sleepover, Mommy! Can we do it again? Can Mr. Wayne sleep here with us again?"

Tanya just smiled at her. She sat up and kissed her daughter on the forehead. "Gutom ka na ba? What do you want for breakfast?"

"I want some french toast!"

"Okay, I'll go make you your french toast." She affectionately pinched her little nose. And then her eyes landed on me. "Ikaw? Anong gusto mong kainin?"

"What you usually cook." I answered. She quietly nodded her head and then she got up from bed. She headed to the bathroom and got out of it after a few minutes, looking fresh. Tanya took Therese with her out of the room and I was left there alone. I went to the bathroom and freshened up.

The delicious smell of food filled my nostrill when I opened the door. I followed scent and it lead me to the kitchen. Tanya was in front of the stove and Therese was sitting on the dining table, eating her french toast. The warmth of the morning felt as if it was mocking me, reminding me of all our dreams and plans that never came true.

Tanya turned her head and saw me. "Umupo ka muna. Malapit ng matapos itong niluluto ko."

I did as she told me and sat next to Therese. After a minute or so, she put a plate of fried rice with egg and corned beef in front of me. She sat down with us. Tanya was wearing a blue cotton nighties. Very unsuccessfully, I tried not to ogle as she leaned in, I tried to ignore how the nighties she was wearing exposed a hint of sweel of her breasts. I tried to pretend it didn't remind me of the perfection of her body and how it had felt against me.